My Zeb And His/Her Pea!

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Poshpleco
Groupie

My Zeb And His/Her Pea!

Post by Poshpleco »

Hiya,
here are a couple of picture's of my Zeb eating his/her greens!! (if anyone knows from the picture what sex it is please let me know, thank you)

A Few Zebs!
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

Great pics on that one there!

By the way I would say male... but wait till the others pipe up as I don't have the experience with these guys yet
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

I would say nice healthy male, broad head, spiny fins and big 'whiskers'

Nice job getting a pic of them being "vegies" - will proove those wrong that say that they are a carnivorous eater only!

Nice Zeb...

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

I thought they were omnivores? Thus they will eat veggies and meat.
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

yes they are, thats what i said, it will show the people that dont believe/ think/ listen to those that are wrong, that they ARE infact omnivorous

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
davo
Groupie

Post by davo »

hey posh
nice pics and nice looking male, mine love peas as well the only veg mine eat, they are fussy just like some people i know.

Regards
davo
Poshpleco
Groupie

Post by Poshpleco »

Hi,

thanks for your comments so far.

I am asking what sex this one is because I thought it was a male, but he just doesn't behave like one. He floats around the tank and he does not have a cave. If he does go into a cave he faces the wrong way, he just sits there with his face poking out. Its quite entertaining to watch him.

Thanks Tracey.
A Few Zebs!
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

The don't always behave the way they are supposed to. I just got my first on Wednesday and the little guy is already out and exploring the tank. Usually they take a week or two from what I have heard to get brave enough to venture around during the daylight hours. My guy was out within 24hrs.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

great piccys... Ours refuse veg... might try Peas though just to be sure :)

I'm going with male to - he's nice and hairy.... he may be a low ranking male hence no cave etc...

Having said that, our alpha female has her own cave... and is hairy to boot - this sexing lark is not as easy as some say :D
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

On the veggie front- I have been feeding my adults and fry once a week on a spirulina and garlic flake. I never find any leftovers.

Looks to me like he is playing football more than dining :-)
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
GlockFu
Obsessed!!

Post by GlockFu »

smithrc wrote:great piccys... Ours refuse veg... might try Peas though just to be sure :)

I'm going with male to - he's nice and hairy.... he may be a low ranking male hence no cave etc...

Having said that, our alpha female has her own cave... and is hairy to boot - this sexing lark is not as easy as some say :D
I know this is an old thread but I'd love to see a pic of your hair female to see how hairy the females can get :wink: