Pics of three of my Zebs

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
sea7ray
Forum Follower

Pics of three of my Zebs

Post by sea7ray »

Been meaning to post these for a while but never actually got around to it. Heres three of my 7 (these are three of the adults and i beleive its 1 female and 2 fairly obvious males....but you tell me!)
Id like to add the females but money sort of precludes me from doing this but if anyones feeling generous! :wink:
Chris McNally
BSc Hons (freshwater biol)
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

there nice looking zebs and a good size.
how big are they?id not to good at sexing but id say 1st 2 males bottom pic poss female
John

Re: zeb

Post by John »

civicr wrote:id say 1st 2 males bottom pic poss female
Same here :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Poshpleco
Groupie

Post by Poshpleco »

Hiya,

The 1st 2 pictures are of the same fish, Male (same pattern on the back of them) different camera and flash angle but the pattern is still the same.
Not sure on the third picture, could be female.
A Few Zebs!
davo
Groupie

Post by davo »

pics 1&2 same fish male.
pic 3 i would say young male, need better pics, how old is it & what length is it.
Regards
davo
sea7ray
Forum Follower

Post by sea7ray »

Doh!, i was so that chuffed id got useable photos i didnt even check that two werent the same fish ! (they quite obviously are).
You can see from the photos i have two differnt sizes. I have 4 the same size as the main fish in the photos. These are around 3inches head to tip of tail. Age wise i couldnt tell you exactly however they are almost certainly over 3 years (ive had them over a year and a half).
The Juves are 2 1/2 inches long and coming on to 18months to two years. I noticed growth rate was faster with RO water and buffer salts than with carbon filtered tap (which ive used for the last 6 months).
I'll try again soon to get a photo of each however i dont like stressing them (i wouldnt be able to get photos of them in the tank so i had to catch them to get these....they dont like that one bit!)
Chris McNally
BSc Hons (freshwater biol)
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

I'm going with male and possible female..

I say possible as the head shape could still be male... but the body shape says female (as does the lack of spines on the cheeks)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]