My Breeding pair

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

My Breeding pair

Post by Jamie24 »

A big thanks to Sam (& Neil) for my breeding pair that i recieved from him this morning.

Overnight postage via royal mail, well packaged and nice and warm still on arival. Beautiful condition and looking fish. would recomend to anyone looking to buy any l46.

Just after getting them out of box and floating

The male, with nice colouring and a beautiful patterned Dorsal fin as well as an interesting patterned Caudal Fin

And finaly the female, yet again, beautiful patterning and colouration and looking very healthy

Sorry for not many or poor pics, but the light was off and didnt want to disturb them much, due to acclimtising them. they have settled in nicely so far and have seen them feeding already, so good so far!

Will get some pics of them when they are fully settled in and more out and about.

Thanks again Sam, J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
John

Post by John »

Great looking fish, good luck on breeding!
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

congrats... great looking fish.. good luck on breeding them
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

Hi Jamie
Glad they're settling in ok, they look even better in your tank!
Good luck with the breeding, I'm sure you'll keep us updated.
Sam & Neil
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

they look a nice pair of zebs :) and a good size well done you,must of cost you a good penny for mature breeding pair.

i want !!!!!!!
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

cool - has the male decided on a cave yet?
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

Hi and thanks for all the comments. they are of nice size, about three inches when i had a chance to measure them through the bags, but are young, according to Sam.

The male seems to have claimed a cave for him self, the far right one in the tank, has kicked out a young male some time during lights out last night/ this morning. the female is lurking arround that cave and spending her time hiding amongst the wood by the cave, she seems not to have settled in that quickly. give it a few more days and im sure she will be seen more readdily and with him more.

Both adult males in their caves

New breeding male in his new cave

His Interesting Caudal Fin

My previous adult female and her young female friends

When the breeding female comes out i will add some pics of her

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Re: zeb

Post by Jamie24 »

civicr wrote:they look a nice pair of zebs :) and a good size well done you,must of cost you a good penny for mature breeding pair.

i want !!!!!!!
They cost a bit, but very reasonable considdering what people will pay for a single adult female, i am very pleased with them and the cost of them, i guess sam saw that they were going to a happy and well cared for home :)

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry