A ZebHead Photo Slide show

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

A ZebHead Photo Slide show

Post by CDNAqua »

Hi Zeb heads, I was trying out this online photo album website @ pixagogo and thought I would share some Zebra pics I uploaded to it. Just click the url below to view the slide show. Click the White play button to start the slide show or manually advance photos with arrows.

Hope you enjoy these Christmas beauties and may you all be blessed with many more stripey ones to come.

peace

Troy

http://www.pixagogo.com/Photos/Albums/P ... full=1[url]

[/url]
John

Post by John »

Nice pics CDNAqua 8)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

They are really nice pictures you have some very pretty and healthy looking zebs there. The babies are so cute.
Well done
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

some very health zebs there :)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Post by CDNAqua »

Thanks for the healthy comments.

I have to give some credit to Tetra Easy Balance. Yes that liquid conditioner that says keeps your aquarium stable for up to 6 months.
I use easy balance for transition from rainy to dry season. I change very little water during my dry season with the Easy Balance. Keeps things very stable and the zebs seem to really agree with it.

With the addition Terta Easy Balance. I noticed the zebs eat better, more vigor, and have more of that pretty Blue Hue glow than they ever did.
I feed them frozen (homemade), Tetra tabs, newspectrum waffers, and the odd treat of blood worms,black worms,daphnia, and of course brine.

Please don't get me wrong about this Tetra stuff..I don't think you could stop doing water changes and expect to keep things stable for up to 6 months as the label implies. but using it in moderation has worked well for me. I think the vitamins/trace elements may have a lot to do with the added vigor of the zebra and success of Terta easy balance.
Try googling Tertra easy balance to see what other skeptics think.

Peace

Troy
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I read a reveiw of the easy balance in a fish mag last year everyone who tested it rated it quite highly. My mate has been really ill with cancer she has been using it on her community tank to cut down on the water changes whilst she is so sick it has enabled her to keep her beloved tank so itdoes have some really good uses.
How long do you use it for in the dry season (how long between water changes)?
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

thank you for the nice photos and also nice tip on tetra easy balance. i will google it if that will help the number of surviving little frys increase. :)

cheers,

chanettt
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Post by CDNAqua »

Jo's Zebs wrote:I read a reveiw of the easy balance in a fish mag last year everyone who tested it rated it quite highly. My mate has been really ill with cancer she has been using it on her community tank to cut down on the water changes whilst she is so sick it has enabled her to keep her beloved tank so itdoes have some really good uses.
How long do you use it for in the dry season (how long between water changes)?
I use EB through out both seasons, about half strength during rainy season with RO water..... I mix a 50 gal drum of water up add my salts and eyeball the EB .. sometimes Im a bit cheap with it.. during rainy season, Im changing so much water... I don't see why I should dump the EB down the drain.... I increase it slightly going into dry season. as per directions on bottle 5 mls - 5 gal. I also cut back on the food during the dry season while the EB is at fulll strength. Siphon only the uneaten food out every day, replace with minimal water,, if any,If I do ,I make the H20 the same TDS or just a bit higher than the zebra's present TDS and temp is 1- 2 degrees warmer than zebras prsent temp which is kept at....( 86 - 87) in dry season. I let my tank level drop with evaporation and daily siphon clean ups.

hope this helps

Peace

Troy
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I see it is the same but you use easy balance as part of your weekly routine.