Nikon Macro lens

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Nikon Macro lens

Post by n00dl3 »

What is a good lens for Nikon D100? I am looking to take pictures of my cherry shrimps, zebra plecos, and other small fish. I know I need a macro lens but which one? I was thinking either Nikon AI-S Fit 135mm MACRO or Tamron 70-300mm Di LD Macro or SIGMA 70-300 APO DG MACRO... thanks for the help...
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

Tamron 90mm
:)
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

I was looking at the specs of the...

Nikon AI-S Fit 135mm Macro (no specs found)

Tamron 70-300mm Di LD Macro

SIGMA 70-300 APO DG Macro

Although I prefer buying the same brand lens as the camera, due to higher resale value, the Nikon you listed is an older model lens, which I cannot find any specs on.

The Tamron and Sigma lens you listed both appear to be the same specs. I am assuming money was a factor, so I guess, whichever lens is a lesser value, then go for it.
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

crazie.eddie wrote:I was looking at the specs of the...

Nikon AI-S Fit 135mm Macro (no specs found)

Tamron 70-300mm Di LD Macro

SIGMA 70-300 APO DG Macro

Although I prefer buying the same brand lens as the camera, due to higher resale value, the Nikon you listed is an older model lens, which I cannot find any specs on.

The Tamron and Sigma lens you listed both appear to be the same specs. I am assuming money was a factor, so I guess, whichever lens is a lesser value, then go for it.
Yea, I was trying to stay within a certain budget on the lens.

But I have faulter to Nikkor 105mm because the price was really good. I know I shouldn't have spent on it. o well...

Everyone seem to recommend the tamron 90mm. I will have to check that out.... thanks ya'all...
stanchung
Forum Follower

Post by stanchung »

If you are using digital it's probably better to get the Nikkor 60 micro because of the 50% increase in focal length will give you 90mm.
personally 135mm macro means more care when shooting without flash to avoid camera shake.

it's reviewed here.
http://www.photodo.com/product_42.html

I have used it and it's very good.

I own a Tamron 90mm AF macro. That's very good as well. Works like a 135mm on digital.
http://www.photodo.com/product_503.html
Regards

Stan