Smile...

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Adam

Smile...

Post by Adam »

A few photos of my lot.

One of my youngsters..
L098 in the background.
One of my favourite pictures.
Last edited by Adam on Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Hi Adam,
How many of these critters do you have now?
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Adam

Post by Adam »

Do you really want to know?

I think I'll provide photographic evidence before I say anything otherwise someone is sure to accuse me of fibbing. :lol:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

i would guess around 1000 :D he is a zebra addict,but a very nice one :wink:
p.s Ad what camera are you using for the pics as they look great.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Beauties! All of them! :D

i like the rocks you're using as well, do you pick them from a beach? Or do you buy them?
andyj
Groupie

Post by andyj »

Some very nice pics and plecs there Adam !!

It's surprising how similair the L046 and L098 are to the untrained eye !! ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if some LFS's try flogging the L098's as L046's !!!

Keeping my eye's out for both from now on :D
andyj
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Adam,
Nice female you have there, in the top picture.
You must have quite a few L46 by now. I had booked some from Ricky but after Someone ??? bought all his largest ones , I decided to give up on the trip to Stevenage !!!!!!!!. He didnt tell me who it was but I thought IT MIGHT BE YOU. Was I right?.
Do you have a picture of the little L98 from Wholesale Tropicals?
Regards,
Des.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi guys,

Let's just say say I have quite a few zebras now, ok I'll give you guys a clue. I have more than Matrix99 or Wadj, not put together. I can almost see you guys frantically searching the threads. :lol:

Dan 1000 zebras, could you just imagine that. Perhaps when I die and go to zebra heaven. :lol: The camera is an Olmypus C-40(4 megapixel), I got it for 50 quid off my mate. He is always upgrading his stuff and he gives me first refusal on anything that's going. I'm after his PC at the moment, it's an AMD FX55 with dual Nvidia 6800s in SLI but he is not having any of it.

McEve, thanks for the complement but everyone elses zebras look better than mine. I just want them all to be nice and plump like Barbies, maybe I'll do some research on high calorie diets for zebras. The rocks are actually natural slate that I bought from my LFS, I've been looking for more but they don't seem to be able to get any more for the time being.

Cheers Andyj, if you want to see some cracking examples of L098 check out Du ma's pictures in the photo gallery. You're absolutely right the 2 L098s I have were in amongst regular L046s and I didn't pay anymore for them. Thanks to Des for letting me know about the second one I got.

Cheers Des, I thought it was a male to be honest. That's one confirmed female , knowing my luck all the rest will be male. Could I possibly be your Padawan as much to learn I have? :lol:
That's some good detective work there, I must admit that I had all of Ricky's large zebras, sorry. If it's any consolation they were not what you or I would consider to be large and they were almost impossible to sex bar 2. I managed to broker a deal with Ricky for his last 12 zebras, £50 each, but it fell through at the last minute. I think they went to a newly opened pet shop in Leicester. I was going to let members of the forum have them for the same price. I've been trying to get some pictures of the L098 from WT but it's very shy, I've only seen it 4 times.

Pssst. Don't anybody say anything my Mrs still thinks I've got 20 zebras. It's just as well they hide a lot otherwise I would be in for it. :lol:
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

i like the one on the background, wheres your other? you mentioned that you have 2. do you have any drift wood in your tank? water look so clear.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Du ma,

The L098 in the background is one of my favourites, I've yet to get a picture of the other L098. It's a very young fish and is always hiding, I shall post a picture when I manage to take one.

I did have a bit of driftwood in the tank when I first set the tank up but it went "mouldy" and it discoloured the water so I took it out and boiled it again. I've decided not to put it back in the tank for the time being.

The water clarity is always good, I have 2 large eheim canisters on the aquarium and a power head for circulation. I was thinking of putting some carbon in one of the filters so as to "polish" the water but I don't think it's needed.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Great pics adam :mrgreen:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks ewee,

I'm still trying to get to grips with all the functions on this camera, I think I've mastered the basic settings. Still trying to figure out how to set a custom shutter speed setting so that pictures of moving fish don't come out blurred. :?

Here's another picture I took this afternoon, I was really after the second L098 but I couldn't find it.

andyj
Groupie

Post by andyj »

Hi Adam,

Have you got a picture of your whole tank ?!?

Looks like you've got quite a nice set-up with the slate !

How high does it rise off the floor of the tank? Is it just a couple of bits high, or is it 'terraced' so that there are several layers ?

Cheers,

Andy
andyj
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

So come on how many do you own adam? 8)
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Adam,
Is that last picture of your large L98?or of a standard zebra.I have a few that the lines are not absolutely straight and some with different markings on the tail ( eg dots/dashes)instead of the normal stripes.That last picture is a definite male. Maybe we can swop in the future !!!!!!!!!!
Your second one is a L98 for sure.
Still trying to get to grips with my digital camera.
I saw the latest L number catalogue this week,which has about a dozen L173 photographs. These have a lot more crooked/curved lines and encircled spots then the simple curves of the L98's
Regards,
Des.