Smile...

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Des, so one confirmed pair, let's hope they like each other. :lol:

I've suspected for a while that the L098 was female as it is very plump, but I'm not so good at the guess the sex game. As for the male I pretty much knew it from his behaviour more than anything else, he is always looking for trouble. He regularly fights the others for their spots in the tank and usually wins, Alpha male perhaps?
sharko
Groupie

Post by sharko »

Adam:I would like to recommend Dr gribb caves to you, it took me a fortnight before my zebras laid eggs and in McEves case it took one week...

In my case nothing came out of it,due to fungus,but
they really work:)

But i would like to know how many l46 and l98 you have...

Be honest now:)
Visit my home page and sign my guestbook:)
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Adam wrote:That's a very good price Dan, I doubt if you're going to do better than that. All the places that I've seen it listed at are selling it for over £200.

:oops: whoops just made a massive mistake ive just ordered the o.r.p meter thinking it was the one for measuring oxygen levels.

mmmmmmmm whats a o.r.p. meter for will it be any good for anything or ill have to send it back!!
What a complete plonker i am :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Don't worry Dan I missed that too if its any consolation. I'm sure they will take it back if you explain, I thought it was too good to be true. O2 meters are expensive because the cathode is made of platinum/gold and the anode is made of silver.

Here's a link to explain ORP, it's long and complex in parts but you wanted to know. :D

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-12/rhf/feature/

Sharko, I'm seriously considering getting some ready made caves from Dr gribb for my new tank. I'm planning to move my mature zebras to the new tank, the youngsters in my collection will be left to grow out in this tank. As for how many zebras I have I would rather not say, I don't want to fall foul of that old internet myth. You know the one that makes people say Pl*co or C******d. :wink:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Finally managed to get a picture of the second L098.

DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Thanks Ad

Thats a nice looking fish, how many l098 do you have now?

mmmmmmm didnt quite understand the orp explanation but thankyou anyway.you dont know anybody who wants to buy a orp meter do you as i know someone selling one cheap :wink: :oops:

I bought one off those hydor air pump gizmos, and it came this morning so i will be trying that out later. i bought the biggest one the ario 4 is that what you have?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Cheers Dan, I've only got 2 L098 I never did find anymore.

I agree, the ORP explanation was pretty heavy going. I can't think of anyone that wants an ORP meter, I think I'll have to read up some more on the subject first.

You will not be diappointed with the Hydor air pump, position it so that your power head catches the air bubbles it produces and keeps them in suspension. I started off with the Ario 1 but upgraded to an Ario 4 at the weekend.
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

both are very nice adam. i like the first one more. how much did you get those guys for?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks Du ma, I paid £100 for the first L098 and £79 for the second one. I must admit that the wavy patterned L098 is my favourite too.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I thought I would post a couple of pictures here again.

Young male L098, I hope he does the business with the female L098 soon. :wink:

This little fella escaped to freedom from his breeding trap about a month ago, I've given up trying to catch him. He seems to be quite happy hanging out with the big boys.
jeroentje
Obsessed!!

Post by jeroentje »

very nice picture the last one 8) :lol:
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

They look good and are well fed. Good job Adam, what are you feeding them right now?
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Hi me old mate, hows it going

Nice one Adam, how many babys do you have know? im back on my feet now and for the past 4 months been keeping discus, and have recently brought a breeding pair ,so im going to give that a try next,glad to see you have had sucess in breeding these beutifull fish well done mate , mind you it was inevetable with half the population in your house :D

Dan
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

Adam, lovely photos but that last one is something else - do you polish the substrate :lol:

They all look so healthy and well fed - what do you feed them on and have you any idea approx. how old they are?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks guys. :D

Jeroentje, the last picture is one of my favourites too, I tripped and nearly broke my neck running for my camera. Luckily they didn't move by the time I got back. :roll: The male in the middle is the little guys dad, the Alpha male in this particular colony.

It's nice to hear from you again Dan and I hope you get those discus breeding. I have 22 baby zebs in total now and it's not enough I need more. :twisted: I have a fair few zebras so I guess the odds are stacked in my favour a bit. :wink:

Du ma and Seahorse, I have my zebras on a varied diet and I'm always looking for new foods to add to their extensive menu.

Frozen foods: Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, Gamma shrimp, Krill and daphnia which is all presoaked in Kent marine's Zoecon before feeding.

Dried foods: Tetramin flakes, Tetra prima, JBL Novo plecochips, Hikari carnivore tablets and ZM catfish tablets.

I'm looking into getting them onto some live food soon, preferably home grown and zebra safe.

Oh and that's clear sand I'm using in the zebra tank, special order from Japan. :wink: :lol:

Regards.

Adam