My new zebra tank

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

My new zebra tank

Post by Cascudo »

Hereby some pictures of my new zebra tank:

One of my females:

I always thought that this was a female. Now that this fish is getting bigger and bolder, I got the impression that I could have a second male in my group:

The tank mates, the friendly Rasbora hengeli. Not geographicly correct, as this fish are from South East Asia, but I find them good tank mates for the zebras because they rarely take food from the bottom.
There are also 3 Otocinclus affinus in the tank. If you look good, you can see one sitting on a leaf right off the center.
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

That is the best Zeb tank I have ever seen. I love the Rasboras as well. Do you have any caves??
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

That's a beautiful tank!
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Thank you! The compliments go to my wife, who did the aqua scaping. :D

There is one PVC tube that served before as a breeding cave. At the moment the alfa male doesn't seem very interested though. Probably because there is an abundance of hiding places.
The zebras seem to be really happy! Because this tank offers hiding places all over the place, the zebras appear a lot more then before because they have cover all the time. I am also very satisfied because the tank looks very natural.
Last edited by Cascudo on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

That looks stunning! Your wife did a fab job!
clownfish-god
Forum Follower

Post by clownfish-god »

Do you think they will ever been bread? I would love to have something like this. It is stunning.
civicr
Obsessed!!

tank

Post by civicr »

i realy like this set up !!looks fab,u should get some more caves in there tho give the zebs plenty of choice!!

great job
Edlund

Re: My new zebra tank

Post by Edlund »

Cascudo wrote:Hereby some pictures of my new zebra tank:

One of my females:

I always thought that this was a female. Now that this fish is getting bigger and bolder, I got the impression that I could have a second male in my group:

The tank mates, the friendly Rasbora hengeli. Not geographicly correct, as this fish are from South East Asia, but I find them good tank mates for the zebras because they rarely take food from the bottom.
There are also 3 Otocinclus affinus in the tank. If you look good, you can see one sitting on a leaf right off the center.

Plz can u not upload the picures again? i have pm u but u havent answer.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

looks like www.gvandiepen.demon.nl is down. that's where he keeps all his pictures...

they'll be up again soon I'm sure, but I still like to draw attention to the attachment option we now have available = no red x-ses! :D