new set of zebra, need some help

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
anubeast
Forum Follower

new set of zebra, need some help

Post by anubeast »

fish A

fish B

fish C

fish D

fish F

fish G

fish H

fish I

all

One more question, with size of L46 around 2.7-3 inches if noticed that have very few hair then we can confirm that is female ?
TwoTankAmin

Re: new set of zebra, need some help

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Nope. While zebras do tend to follow a pattern of physical characteristics which may help in sexing, they are far from being infallible. Venting works better, imo, and my way of sexing is to pick up on the behavioral cues. Who claims caves and who doesn't. There are hairy females and not so hairy males.

If you start going through posts here and other catfish sites you will come across numerous instances of sexing proved wrong over time.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
anubeast
Forum Follower

Re: new set of zebra, need some help

Post by anubeast »

TwoTankAmin wrote:Nope. While zebras do tend to follow a pattern of physical characteristics which may help in sexing, they are far from being infallible. Venting works better, imo, and my way of sexing is to pick up on the behavioral cues. Who claims caves and who doesn't. There are hairy females and not so hairy males.

If you start going through posts here and other catfish sites you will come across numerous instances of sexing proved wrong over time.
so how about pic. of my fish, can you help me sexing them.