My Gang

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

You guys crack me up. :lol:

I think ewe should have them on alternative thursdays and weekends whil Dr p has them on school nights :D
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Stuff that we'll just swap wifes twice a week, it would be easier on the zebras.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Look on the bright side ewan.......he does all the work, and you get the benefits (eventually)
:P

All look like males to me. No.1. might, ( and a very slight might), be an older female, and 4 might be a young female., but at first glance i would say they were unlikely. Any chance opf some photo's of the profiles.

cheers

rob
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Going up tonight with the camera so should have some pics posted tomorrow. :wink:
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

I was thinking that 4 was female for sure. She looks somewhat different from the rest. Will get some shots tonight and upload them the morra fer you all to see.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

definately a possibility, but it will be quite difficult to tell with such a young fish. What actual size is she/he?

rob
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

The smallest may be around 4-6cm's. They aint out all that much right enough so it makes it a tad harder to be possitive.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I think number one might be a female - just to go gainst everybody here :lol:

Oh, there was two pages of custody argument here :shock: I didn't notice until after I posted - sorry about that - had a small senior moment I guess :D
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

I see why Rob and McEve suspect nr 1 to be a female. It has a somewhat sharper snout.
I also think it could be a female. I also think that nr 4 is a female.

I find it difficult to see on this fotograph. I distinguish (at least my own) zebra's easier on a profile view, also I look at the rough spines on the pectorial fins that are difficult to see on this white background.