You tell me what you think about these....

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Koen
Forum Follower

You tell me what you think about these....

Post by Koen »

6 zebs... feel free to say what you think about them

Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

from these close up pics, all males except the one in the top left in the first pic which is a definate female!

although they are wild caught, too expensive and he has them listed wrong, he says

"I have had them for 3 years now, there is 1 male and 5 females, but possible 2 males, but I think 1 and 5."

when it is clearly the other way round - only one female and 5 males going by head shape and body shape, not worth the money although the are all nice healthy looking fish, im sure whoever wins the auction will be selling them on once they get them, and keeping that nice adult male and female and possible one of the younger ones...

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Hi
I contacted the guy about these fish. Did have a fleeting thought about bidding on them but that has now passed :lol:
They have never bred or been kept in a suitable setup with caves ect so sex is not 100% at the moment they are all in a 85 liter tank they all look really well and healthy not like they have been knocking hell out of each other which makes me think about the ratio, but for the money they will go for I would not like to comment on there sex I don't think my advise is worth that sort of cash bid :lol: :lol: I think whoever buys them will be proud of them and I hope they do well with them a good wild caught group is a thing that does'nt come along very often :wink:
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

Could be tempted to make a bid, but I would have to see them first, and its bit to far for me to go just to have a look.
looks like at least 3 males to me
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

I would guess at 2 females, nice healthy looking fish.

Only 1 definate cracking pair but what are they all really worth??

I notice the listing has been changed now about ratios, in my eyes you can only say definate female when the fish are proven breeders.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

in my eyes you can only say definate female when the fish are proven breeders.[/quote]

I totally agree - its the only way I sex my own zebs I have proven my own guess work wrong over the years :lol:
I wish I had the spare cash for this auction but I don't, the chances of wild caught zebs ever being exported again is IMO zero, if the proposed dam build goes ahead in Brazil the zebs along with many other species many well be wiped out forever so wild caughts are to be cherished male or female but thats just my thought :wink:
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk