Whoo! More LOusy Pics!

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Whoo! More LOusy Pics!

Post by Ed_R »

I tried again to get any kind of focus on the camera and failed miserably.
BUt there's a couple small pics:
And
I KNOW! I can't take a picture to save my life!

I think this one's female based on behavior and the strong curve in the pectoral leading edge.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Difficult one mate. THe pectorial fins look female but without a close up, or focus, its difficult to say.

My money would go on a little lady however.

rob :lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Is that airbubbles or dirt on the glass? If either, turn the pumps off, and clean the glass if necessary, then the autofocus should be able to focus right :)

The profile might indicate a female, but the picture might lie due to it being out of focus....?
Adam

Post by Adam »

This is a tough one, judging by the head profile and pec fins I would have a guess that it's a female. Like McEve said you have to fool your camera into thinking that there is no glass or water so that it focuses on the fish. Try turning any air pumps off and give the glass a real good clean, I'm not saying that it's dirty but it would certainly help. :wink:
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

Trust me, iit's dirty glass;)
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

ACtually, the sparkles are reflections coming off the black sand, but the glass is definitely dirty too.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Are you shooting these with a digital???
What I found that worked for me when I was shooting with a digital was to actually take him out of the tank........yea say good-bye to your decorations.... :evil: But to put him in a glass bowl/dish or some type of container that is not too deep. You can take it from above so the glass doesn't get into your way.

If that dosen't work and its still blurry try to put something else in or under the container, (quarter, ruler,etc) right next to the fish so the camera focuses on that and it should give you a better image.

if that doesn't work stop using your phone camera......
:lol:
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

What kinda camera is it Ed?
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

It's a Fuji Finepix 2650. Not great but functional.
Someday soon, when I pull the zebras out of hte 240 gallon community tank and put them in their own new home, I'll be able to take better pics.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Or if you can or want to spend a little cash, buy those disposable cameras for underwater and try it that way. I tried it this last summer and they work pretty good, its just trying to get your little ones out of the cave, thats the problem!