I found one

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

Purty;) I never see mine. THey both love living under the rock and the only time I see them is whe I move teh rock- and then, I usually get to see them for half a second;)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hey McEve nice one :lol: . That definately looks like a female to me judging by the distict lack of substantial odotode growth at 7cm. Body and fin shape/size also point to it being a female.

Well done on your find, worth every penny I'd say. So what's her name going to be? Did you honestly need this forum to confirm that you are a mentally certifiable zebra addict? :wink:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote:Hey McEve nice one :lol: . That definately looks like a female to me judging by the distict lack of substantial odotode growth at 7cm. Body and fin shape/size also point to it being a female.
Seems you all agree it's a girl, and I'm very happy to see that! :D
Adam wrote: Well done on your find, worth every penny I'd say. So what's her name going to be?
Ian! Named after the shop where I found her ;)
Adam wrote: Did you honestly need this forum to confirm that you are a mentally certifiable zebra addict? :wink
Yes...! :shock:

I guess I should have caught on when I posted a lengthy reply containing info on Zebra to a post asking about L66 though...

:lol:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I know the gender of this one, I just wanted to introduce you all to my newest familymember :)

A too large a picture here

So now I have to males and three females in one tank, and two males and two females in the other. Trying to set the groups up according to Robs recomendations :D

One more female now and I'm all set - or was that when I needed another tank...? :?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Another great find McEve,

Even I can sex this one with absolute certainty, it's a well moustachiod male. Nice lookig fish by the way and yes I would start thinking about another tank. Could possibly squeeze three groups out of your lot, all depends on who the good breeders are though. If your hubby goes mental on you for getting another tank I will deny all knowledge of this conversation :lol: .
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Another very nice find. You can see the blueish color in the fins. A very healthy male.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Thanks guys, he must be the most testestoron packed Zebra I've ever seen :lol: The moustages is going to pierce his tail if he does a sudden move! He does look very healthy, nice and round belly, and very good contrast in the coloration.

Don't worry Adam, everything said on this forum is kept in strict confidentiality :wink: