female maybe ?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Edlund

female maybe ?

Post by Edlund »

I was in germany for the discuschampionat in duisburg.I bought 5 zebras. 4 of them are around 3,5-4cm and the biggest one is litlle bigger than 5cm.I was suppose to only buy small beacuse then u can have bigger chance to get some females but the bigger one that i found looks like a female in my eyes.What do u think ?

n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

Agree that your big zebra is a female. it is really hard to tell all of the other zebras. Maybe a picture of each zebra would be more helpful to determine thier sex. But you have one female from what I can tell.
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

n00dl3 wrote:Agree that your big zebra is a female. it is really hard to tell all of the other zebras. Maybe a picture of each zebra would be more helpful to determine thier sex. But you have one female from what I can tell.
Its no chance for sexing the other beacuse they are too small to do it.I have them i 540 liters aquarium with discus and i give them bottom tabs and dr basslers biofish food that really love.So in 8 months i gonna take som new pics with a better camera on each one i have.Total i have 10 of them :)
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

in 8 months you might be babies zebbie swimming around!
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

n00dl3 wrote:in 8 months you might be babies zebbie swimming around!
when they are around 5cm its little over 1 year ?.And they can start reproducing at 3 years or am i wrong ?
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

Edlund wrote:
n00dl3 wrote:in 8 months you might be babies zebbie swimming around!
when they are around 5cm its little over 1 year ?.And they can start reproducing at 3 years or am i wrong ?
2.2 cm = 1 inch

5 cm = over 2 inch, yes it is over 1 year old

If the fish is F1, i have heard they can start spawning around 2.5 years. but 3 years is most definitely.
Miezekatze
Obsessed!!

Post by Miezekatze »

hi

i`m from duisburg in germany. i didn`t find any zebrapleco there. can you please tell me the price for this group you paid there ?

would be realy cool..
Kind Regards
Christian

http://www.APSnet.de
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

congratulation! the biggest one is female :lol:
blueblue
Obsessed!!

Post by blueblue »

I agree that the biggest one is a female :D
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

Miezekatze wrote:hi

i`m from duisburg in germany. i didn`t find any zebrapleco there. can you please tell me the price for this group you paid there ?

would be realy cool..
on the discus championat there were 4 monters who had L046.Sera,wilhelmi and astra.the big one a payd 145 euoro and the others 100 euoro.We where down there for 5 days and was on fishstores to.I found a store with a spawning group and offer them 250 euoro each för 8 animals but they wouldnt sell them hehe :).They had small 2-3cm for 95 euoro but i didnt buy there beacuse they was to small to ship that long time.And it was on the 3rd day soo...
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

I wanna thank everyone for the fast answers :)