Imers 100% Female zebra @ 2.5 years old?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Imers 100% Female zebra @ 2.5 years old?

Post by CDNAqua »

Hi all,

I got Imer Oezay zebras after much toil and tribulations to the Calgary Airport.
From equipment failure/camera, bad weather and stuck in traffic for hours.

Well here they are. Sorry for the quick shots and video, I have to work in the AM and don't have the time to do complete and proper. I will get better photos.

These Zebras are suppose to be 100% Female and 2.5 years of Age.

Imer said they were sexed via Vent. 100% guarenteed.

What is your expert opinions? I have already formed mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gbHQSswDzs Video
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1 ... C00013.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1 ... C00014.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1 ... C00015.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1 ... C00016.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1 ... C00017.jpg
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

is that 2.5? from the picture i think they are around 2 iches. however i hope that they are all female...
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

It's a bit difficult to tell from the photo..but at a guess, I'd reckon a couple of them look like possible females to me..

Hope that helps...

Plastic Mac
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

They are quite small....
didnt you say in the other thread
"3 F1 100% females are to be shipped @ 5.5 cms. @ 2.5 years of age"
they dont look like 5.5cms to me...

and from the head shape I really wouldnt say all of them are female...

If you can get fome good pictures I'm sure we'll be able to offer a better opinion ;)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

As so often seems to happen, imer lied, shocking isn't it
Miezekatze
Obsessed!!

Post by Miezekatze »

forget imer, trouble and lies...
Kind Regards
Christian

http://www.APSnet.de
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Looks like you need to strike another deal since its CDO ;)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

They look like they're the same size as the largest frys I have at present. They are 6 months old, and I wont sell them until nov/dec :shock: Much less try to identfy their gender.....

Maybe the pictures don't do them justice, see if you can take some more and maybe that will help ;)

Good luck with anyway, feed them up and I'm sure they'll give you lots of enjoyment now and in the future :)
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Bingo! McEve

Post by CDNAqua »

I was wondering who was going to see obvious.

McEve Nailed It saying "They look like they're the same size as the largest frys I have at present. They are 6 months old, and I wont sell them until nov/dec Much less try to identfy their gender..... "

Ya nailed it McEve!

Hence I put in my first Post. I had already formed my opinion.
I figured they were 6-7 months old at most.
I wanted some back up and other expert opinions from breeders who now how long it takes to grow a zebra out first hand. It is not enough for JUST ME to just say they are 6 months old. Experienced Third partY opinions are much appreciated and noted.

Thank you all for your support.

they were 2.5 years old. I would not want them as they would be runts and poor gentic material to
I sent Imer and email asking him if he sent the Proper Zebras.

His response was
Hi Troy,

yes, the animals are 5 - 5.3cm long, about 25 - 29 months old and female, the female of animals have a narrower head form. The female remain usually also a little smaller than the male animals.. The animals are not from same parents. Thus, the animals are not related.

Best Regards
Imer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imer must think I just got off the farm if he wants me to believe that these zebra are all 100% Female @2.5 years of age.
Perhaps He is psychic if he can tell the sex of these zebra.

Remember folks Always pay COD!!.
I dont mind paying the big dollar for something as long as I get what I was paying for.
I can't imagine paying 400 US for each Zebra with shipping and custom charges... not to mention wasteing my time. All the toil and time it was to get them... for such young zebra that couldn't possibly be sexed at that size and age.
I need to grow more Zebra out!!! ..like I need a hole in the head! :)
hence I was willing to pay big Dollar.

I estimate that I would have to grow Imers zebra out for 2 years before I would see any breeding activity.

Either Imer lied to me? ... or whoever sent the zebra gave me the wrong size. Im not sure if Imer caught/bagged the fish himself or not.

I will be emailing Imer with a link to this thread for him to see personally.
Im in hopes we can work something out. I don't like to owe people money but I hate being ripped off even worse.

This was a trial order!
I truely hope this was a honest error because I was going to buy many more from him if he was honest with me.

Peace

Troy
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Post by CDNAqua »

smithrc wrote:They are quite small....
didnt you say in the other thread
"3 F1 100% females are to be shipped @ 5.5 cms. @ 2.5 years of age"
they dont look like 5.5cms to me...

and from the head shape I really wouldnt say all of them are female...

If you can get fome good pictures I'm sure we'll be able to offer a better opinion ;)

No none of them reach 5.5 cm largest is just 5.0 and toher 2 are 4.6 cm...the largest @ 5.0 looks like a male if I had to guess at such a young age.

I wouldnt even bother trying to sex zebra when they are that small.
I just quicly took the above photos..not having much time and knowing there was no real reason to get a perfect sexing photo as they are too small even for a experienced Zeb head to sex. You can tell that just by looking at them at first glance and seeing the ruler as a reference of size.

Peace

I welcome Imers comments on this thread and hope he joins in to explain and save himself as a honest and reputable zebra dealer.
Pete
Obsessed!!

Re: Imers 100% Female zebra @ 2.5 years old?

Post by Pete »

CDNAqua wrote: (snip)
(snip)
His response was
Hi Troy,

yes, the animals are 5 - 5.3cm long, about 25 - 29 months old and female, the female of animals have a narrower head form.
(snip)

Hmm.
So lemme see.. There's talk of him having vented them and then he's talking about the shape of the head. Last I looked at my Zebras, their vent was nowhere near their head.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

Troy,

That sux man... I really hope you can work everything out and get what you actually paid for.

Did you pay for the zebras already? Good luck...
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Re: Imers 100% Female zebra @ 2.5 years old?

Post by CDNAqua »

In our correspondence via many emails I asked many questions including How are they sexed?.. Vented? he answered Yes

Heres my first email.. I couldnt have been anymore CLEAR to what Needed. I don't want female zebras I need them as many of us here do.

Here are a few snipettes from our many emails. He copied and pasted my questions back with answers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Imer from me.

"Hi Imer,

Just a couple more questions for you just to be a 100% clear

The Female zebras you would be sending me are F0 or F1?
How old are the female zebra @ 5 cm?
Are they Breeding age?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Imer to me/CDNAqua

Hi Troy,

The Female zebras you would be sending me are F0 or F1? F1
How old are the female zebra @ 5 cm? 2 1/2 years old
Are they Breeding age? >6cm"

How are they sexed? 60%female and 40%male
Vented? yes.
100 % Female absolute? yes i give 100%
F0? F1 and F0 mixed,I watch out that it does not come to in-breeding."

I think Imer misinterrupted the ...How are they sexed? question .. he responds with a 60% Female- 40% male Ratio.
I think that he means the avearge ratio of females to male in a F1 Brood or thats how I take it.

I was very clear in saying Females many times and words like absolute and 100%..... hence the big price tag for females.

From what you all read here... you can be the judge and see first hand wether or not i was clear.

Imers responses to my questions clearly shows that he/was very clear to what I needed and expected.

At first I feared Imer made an honest mistake and perhaps sent the wrong size zebra.. (perhaps someone Else caught the fish and had them sent???

I don't like to think the worse of folk before I know them. I like to give everyone a chance, and base my actions on thier actions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He has since sent me another email answering me of the said below

"Hi Imer,

I recieved zebra.
Did you send proper female zebra @ 2.5 years old?

Troy

He responded with
"Hi Troy,

yes, the animals are 5 - 5.3cm long, about 25 - 29 months old and female, the female of animals have a narrower head form. The female remain usually also a little smaller than the male animals.. The animals are not from same parents. Thus, the animals are not related."

I then sent him another email stateing my case so to speak asking him how much do I send him for 6 month - 8 month zebra?? that ...I would have never considered buying. I have no need for baby zebs that will take a min of 2 -2.5 years to spawn with my.. then BE 6 - 7 year old Males..
How could someone else be that selfish to waste someones Time and money is beyond me and is not how we as most Canadains do business.

Ok well enough ranting on my part.

I just pray it was an honest mistake and he did not personally catch them and bag them. I still hold hope in the world that not everyone is out to scam.

Just to be safe though I used COD as early said. A sad but true near must in this world it seems..

Peace

Troy

My first Email to Imer.
CDNAqua wrote:
"Hello Imer,

We have spoke before about F0 Female zebras.

Do you also have F1 female zebras?

Im in need of a few Females only. F0 or F1s

Do you have any available now?

I don't mind paying for quality female Zebra breeders.

Shipping would be to Calgary Alberta Canada."

Pete wrote:
(snip)
His response was
Hi Troy,

yes, the animals are 5 - 5.3cm long, about 25 - 29 months old and female, the female of animals have a narrower head form.
(snip)

Hmm.
So lemme see.. There's talk of him having vented them and then he's talking about the shape of the head. Last I looked at my Zebras, their vent was nowhere near their head.
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

i say someone go tour his breeding facility since he refuses to post pictures of his 100s of breeders
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

Wow! Those sure are still fry. I cant believe he sent those as 2 year old fish! Hopefully you guys can resolve things. At leastit was C.O.D. on these. I know you agreed to pay top dollar on these. What are you going to do if he ask for them back? He has been asking for $225 I think for his fry wich is outrageous.