Imers 100% Female zebra @ 2.5 years old?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

If it helps at all Andrew, Imer contacted me through another site a few weeks back asking if he could send the two females to me and if I could then send them to you.
Since I'd heard how much crap you've had getting them I said 'yeah it was fine as long as he has discussed it with you'. He came back to me a few days later saying he had and it was fine. I sent him my details so he could fill in the relevant shipping forms and I've heard nothing since...

Dunno if that helps at all....but it's a bit more of the story for you.
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

ah thanks for the info mate. if thats the case tho why hasnt he replied to my mails for 2 weeks... its so frustrating when he ignores you. thanks for offering to help me out tho man. hope i can get it sorted. if you hear anything plz let me know.

cheers,

andy
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

it's so sad to see one after the other being conned by this person. Why do you all keep ordering from him?
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Imer finally gets back to me.

Post by CDNAqua »

Hi all.
here is yet another IMER update.

After weeks of not hearing from Imer. I get this email from him.

"I was two weeks in the hospital. As soon as the money for first supply is received, I will settle two supply"

My response to him..
Sorry to hear you were in hospital.
Seeing as he is good at answering Questions in English.. I asked him a few..
I simply asked him would he pay for product that he did not order? I also asked him.. Why would he expect a customer to pay for his mistake or error??
LIVE animals/fish are not like a typical consumer product like a CD player... I can't simply send them back.
I can't even reject the order. Cargo and customs make me/anyone pay even before we even see the product. NOT to mention he is sending out deformed snub nosed zebs as well.

Anyways after emailing him back with my above response.

he emails me back with this.

"Hello,

If the animals are handicapped. Divide the animals in two and send yourself pictures, since with these animals cannot be bred.

I will account for with second supply.

Best Regards
Imer"

What ever the hell this means??????????? Playing the language card again?? again?

I sent him pictures and he has been following this thread.

Again I have asked for photos of the 100% Feamle zebra @ 2.5 years of age.. he was to send me.
I would like to post the photos here on ZP.com for all your expert eyes to see.

I would not risk another trip to pick up a wrong order .
This is why I am so insistent on seeing the fish before he sends another shipment.

Imer could vindicate himself if he is honest and does the right thing.

Peace

Troy
Pete
Obsessed!!

Re: Imer finally gets back to me.

Post by Pete »

CDNAqua wrote:Imer could vindicate himself if he is honest and does the right thing.
I have to disagree. His goose is long since cooked.

As to the "divide" thing, I think he means "chop". As in kill the fish and cut it in half.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

I actually considered buying from this clown a few months ago. And he can understand and write perfect english when he wants to, or when the money is right. Needless to say this another example of why we should all steer clear.

As for other forums, they seem to avoid him like the plague.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
John

Post by John »

just go on the german catfishforums and you'll find out.......
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

John wrote:just go on the german catfishforums and you'll find out.......
if you read german...
John

Post by John »

who doesn't 8)

ok ok i am sorry :)
pacificdune
Forum Follower

Post by pacificdune »

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate issue with Imer... He used to contact me regularly, but recently I have heard little from him and in his last communication he told me he was sick and in the hospital. If this is true I would assume he will work things out when he is better, but I'm not sure what's going on with him.

I hope everything works out OK for you.

Cheers and best of luck,

Pacific
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

however, i just don't like the idea of divide things into half specially zebras! i know someone who buy a snubnose zebra because he cares about it but now we are talking about killing zebras instead of try to keep them well. i hate this attitute and if someone want to cut zebras into half, they can just go and find something else as their hobbies.
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Imer Update

Post by CDNAqua »

Hi all,

I got a call from the US today.

Imer asked an aquaintance in the US to call me,,trying to get the money for the fry he sent.
However Imer didn't give him the heads up on the story. The failed 100% guarenteed females that turn out to be fry....

Imer told the guy that he sent me fish and I did't not pay.
I asked him to come to ZP here and see the story for himself.

I just think folk should be well informed before they act.

Peace
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

we should have a page on being careful about what you buy and known scammers and scams

it seems like common sense but obviously its needed
Thebuddy is planning his tank
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Yeah, like I mentioned on another post. It ruins those who are new to selling zebras. It will be hard to tell who is legit or not anymore.
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

Having read this post I though I would post some information.

I have bought F1's at a year of age and they were much smaller than the pictures you have posted.

I have also bought wild caught which were approx. 2 yrs of age and they, also were slightly smaller than the pictures you have posted.

I would, therefore, say that your fish are at least 2.5 years - from my experience, as soon as they live in a species only zebra tank they grow rapidly as they are fed like royalty :D My two adults who are now about 3.5 years have been full adult size for some time.

Sorry, I can't help regarding the sex of your zebras as I am still not sure of the sex of my two adults!!

Hope this helps.