Imers 100% Female zebra @ 2.5 years old?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
User avatar
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by CDNAqua » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:56 pm

Sorry to hear your luck Jenny... If you bought F1s and F0s smaller then the fry sent to me...IF they were 2 years of age...then you have some bad genetics and or stunted zebra. or perhaps you were lied too about the age. either way zebra at 2 - 2.5 years old should be much bigger with proper feeding and conditions.




Jenny wrote:Having read this post I though I would post some information.


I have bought F1's at a year of age and they were much smaller than the pictures you have posted.

I have also bought wild caught which were approx. 2 yrs of age and they, also were slightly smaller than the pictures you have posted.

I would, therefore, say that your fish are at least 2.5 years - from my experience, as soon as they live in a species only zebra tank they grow rapidly as they are fed like royalty :D My two adults who are now about 3.5 years have been full adult size for some time.

Sorry, I can't help regarding the sex of your zebras as I am still not sure of the sex of my two adults!!

Hope this helps.

User avatar
Jenny
Obsessed!!
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:12 am
Location: Droitwich, England

Post by Jenny » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:39 pm

Don't be sorry, CDNAqua, my zebras are beautiful. I do believe that the zebras sent to you are at least 2 years old, if not 2.5 years. Have you ever seen fry of 1yr old??

User avatar
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

(FRY not 2.5 years old)

Post by CDNAqua » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:56 pm

Jenny wrote:Don't be sorry, CDNAqua, my zebras are beautiful. I do believe that the zebras sent to you are at least 2 years old, if not 2.5 years. Have you ever seen fry of 1yr old??
Hi Jenny, Its OK for you to form and state your opinion, however I think you may lack experience and or mis-informed.

Jenny-- Yes, I have seen many fry at 1 yr old.

I do question your opinion as Im sure others are reading this. If you were to go back and read the the 4 pages of posts... you would see your very alone in your opinion.
FACT NOT an OPINION...JENNY...if you would have read all the posts, you would have CLEARLY seen that Imer Admitted to me, via email that his wife sent the wrong size/age of zebra to me.
Imer has out right admitted to sending FRY... the wrong zebra to me. THis is a FACT..

Jenny ... I guess ..if you think that these fry are still 2.5 years old... then... I must question your zebra stock,experience and husbandry...

I don't want to bash anyones opinion but when trying to taint A FACT with ignoranace and obvious neglect.. (without reading all the posts) is DEAD WRONG in my books.

Jenny... I urge you to go back and read all the posts and then re- evaluate your opinion, perhaps if you go back and re- read the 4 pages of post you will be able to post an informed opinion rather than an ignorant one. Definition of ignorant.... lacking information or knowledge..

Opinions change frequently in life. FACTS DO NOT.


Peace

Troy

User avatar
Jenny
Obsessed!!
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:12 am
Location: Droitwich, England

Post by Jenny » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:58 pm

Why do you shout, CDNAqua, and I really don't know why you have to be so rude!!

I am glad you recognise that I am entitled to an opinion and my comments aren't based on ignorance just facts. Having seen many FO's and F1's of various ages the sizes differ considerably at the same age, not due to neglect or bad husbandry, or genetics??

You say you don't want to bash anyones opinion, then why do you do it??

You don't know me, you don't have a clue about my experience, therefore, what right have you got to be so condensending.

dave
Obsessed!!
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:58 pm
Location: liverpool

Hi

Post by dave » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:23 am

Jenny wrote: Having seen many FO's and F1's of various ages the sizes differ considerably at the same age, not due to neglect or bad husbandry, or genetics??
If the size does not vary because of any of the above reasons, then why does it vary?

While not wishing to discount someones opinion out of hand, but an alternative reason has not been offered, and until this happens I have to.

Also from the pictures one is a snub nose, a deformed fish.

In addition, if any of my young have not attained this size by 6 to 8 months, they are not for release.

IMO Troy you are right, but I am willing to learn if an alternative explanation is offered.

Dave

User avatar
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by CDNAqua » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:55 am

LOL :lol: sorry for shouting Jenny. Im not trying to be rude. Im just simply pointing out facts of what Imer sent to me as 2.5 year old female zebra.
Again, Imer clearly stated he sent the wrong fish. Actually his wife did by accidentHe has seen the photos and this post.
So Im afraid in this case your opinon is dead wrong and proven wrong.. by the sender himself. In future it would be wise to read all the information contained in the post before posting.

Jenny .... perhaps you would like to contact Imer yourself and ask if he sent the wrong fry?? PM me for contact info.. If you don't want to believe me perhaps you would belive the sender... Imer.

I have no true idea of your experience, I concluded that you were ignorant in this case/post.. only.. due too not reading all the posts in this particular thread ...before you posted . I only know this.. cos you stated you believe that the fish I received were 2.5 years of age. Again Imer ... The sender of Zebra..... cleary admitted to sending me fry and not 2.5 year old 100% females[/b

Your quote Jenny
"I do believe that the zebras sent to you are at least 2 years old, if not 2.5 years."

Peace Jenny Peace

Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Post by Jojoyojimbi » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:40 pm

if you do choose to contact imer, be prepared for broken english that gets worse the more he f**ks stuff up and lies then he'll pretend he doesn't speak it at all and you'll be left confused and bewildered

User avatar
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Post by Plastic Mac » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Jojoyojimbi wrote:if you do choose to contact imer, be prepared for broken english that gets worse the more he f**ks stuff up and lies then he'll pretend he doesn't speak it at all and you'll be left confused and bewildered
Was that your experience from when you dealt with him?

Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Post by Jojoyojimbi » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Plastic Mac wrote:
Jojoyojimbi wrote:if you do choose to contact imer, be prepared for broken english that gets worse the more he f**ks stuff up and lies then he'll pretend he doesn't speak it at all and you'll be left confused and bewildered
Was that your experience from when you dealt with him?
yep, got so bad i decided not to deal with him

cichlid_baby
Groupie
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:55 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN USA

Post by cichlid_baby » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:23 pm

Jojoyojimbi wrote:if you do choose to contact imer, be prepared for broken english that gets worse the more he f**ks stuff up and lies then he'll pretend he doesn't speak it at all and you'll be left confused and bewildered
Funny this the truth everywhere... how many times have you seen this play out in everyday life...? a have a few friends who are in law enforcement and I hear this complaint every day... I love it when people understand and speak a lanquage only when it's convenient for them. Is this what we would call selective IQ ... if there is such a thing???

Post Reply