Zebras For Sale

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

DANthirty,

Any chance of of letting me have the details /tel no of the shop in kent. Would be interested in a couple of adults.

Many thanks,
Des :lol:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

The shop is Dartford aquatics (01322276252) :D
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

just bought another 4 zebs :D not such a good deal this time £90 each, but not a bad size all around 3 inch size but cant have them till next thursday as he only just got them this morning :( im going to have first pick and he recons he can pick me out 3 females and a male :? i hope.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Excellent!!! keep us posted man. Tell the rest of them what he has left too.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

he had three left this afternoon, but doent think there be there long
Adam

Post by Adam »

Well done Dan. :D I wish I got my act together now, so how many zebras do you have now :?:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Cheers Adam i now have 10 off the little beuties and i havent a clue what sex :oops: thats my lot for now (i hope) untill i upsize the tank.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Dan that's quite a little colony you have there. :lol: With that many you should be guaranteed to have both sexes.
Tom26000

prices these days!!?

Post by Tom26000 »

I am trying to source some fairly priced young zebras but I'm staggered by the prices being paid. I worked at a wholesalers in East Yorkshire just over four years ago and they would by Zebras in at just under £17.00 and sell them on for £35.00. I would be curious to know what they cost a wholesaler now. I will try and find out tomorrow.

Regards

Tom
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Tom26000,

It certainly would be interesting to see how much they wholesale for. Prices have rocketed over the last year, they are definately becoming more scarce both in the wild and in the hobby. Watch the prices really go through the roof if the rumours about the Brazillian government banning their export happens.

If you do manage to find a fairly priced supply please let us know as there are quite a few people here looking for more zebras, myself included.

Thanks. :D

Adam
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

I asked one off my LFS and he said that he paid £50 - £55 for his zebbys and was selling them on at £90 not a bad profit!!
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

I spoke to my lfs who said that they would be charged £55-£65 per fish depending on size. They would then have to charge £10 - £130 per fish in the shop, but i am working on them to see if they can buy some for cash just for me :)
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Ill have 20 off the £10 ones :wink:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

They would then have to charge £10 - £130 per fish in the shop
, but i am working on them to see if they can buy some for cash just for me :)[/quote]

Ill have 20 off the £10 ones please :wink:
Adam

Post by Adam »

As I've said before someone along the chain is making a substantial amount of profit at the expense of the customer. However whats one to do, if you want them you'll have to pay the hefty prices that are being commanded at present. I have 19 zebras, honest, that adds up to quite a bit of cash but I'm hoping to recoup some of my initial investment if they breed. If they don't I'll just enjoy them for the beautiful fish that they are, either way I can't lose. Oh sorry did I not mention that I got another 2 last week. There is no doubt that LFSs are hiking up their prices so as to capitalise on the increasing demand for zebras. They can do it and get away with it because of the dwindling population of zebras in the wild.
This is what happens when demand outstrips supply.