Photo Request

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Allen Repashy

Photo Request

Post by Allen Repashy »

Hello Everyone,

I have a special Request. I have been developing a unique line of gel based fish diets as an offshoot of a formula that I developed for amphibian/tadpoles. My supplement and diet line is pretty well known in the Reptile and Amphibian Hobby, but I am probably a stranger to most in the fish world. I was into fish before Reptiles, and always have kept Tropical Fish and Inverts through the years.
I have been working hard at taking my gel technology and formulating/testing them for fish use. One of my new products will be a carnivore formula that has been working great for various Hypancistrus species. I have kept L046's over the years and once had quite a large colony. Since they are one of my favorite species, I feel they are worthy of the front and center spot on my new label. My line isn't geared towards the masses, so I am just going to use photo's of my favorite species :)

I am looking for a photo to use on the label, and would like to see if anyone here has something suitable. I need a good size file to work with, tight focus, a good side angle, and a nice erect fins.

I have mocked up a label using a photo I found on the web that I think is just what I am looking for. Possibly someone on here owns this pic or knows who took it? I couldn't find any info on the author where I found the pic.

I offer photo credit on the lower right side of every label, and I can offer a heap of free food in trade. I can even pay for that perfect shot if necessary. The photo below is just an unfinished mockup for example purposes only. Please send me a pm if you think you might be interested in helping me out. I am the owner of a small family run business. I am not a representative from some big giant company.

Cheers! Allen Repashy

TwoTankAmin

Re: Photo Request

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Hi Allen-

I was at Rachel's on Friday and told her she was welcome to let you use any of my pics but that I probably did not have one that you would want. I do know a number of zebra keepser, most of whom are better photographers than I am. I will ask if anybody can help.

Chris L.

ps- She gave me a packet of your meaty formula to try on my zebras, contradens, L450s, L173b and P. comptas.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Allen Repashy

Post by Allen Repashy »

Hi Chris!

It is a small world considering Rachel is one of the few people who has been testing and sharing my formulas with other fish hobbyists. Glad to hear you have some in hand. I actually recognize the pic she sent me from your profile. I forwarded it to my artist and he unfortunately, picked it apart because he didn't like the angle and the fact that the fins weren't nice and erect..... Thanks for offering to help. I would love to hear some feedback once you try it on your collection.

Cheers, Allen
Allen Repashy

Post by Allen Repashy »

Hello again,

Just a quick bump to let you guys know that I have to go to press on this next Monday for printing and I haven't had any submissions. If I can't come up with a Zebra Pleco pic by this Friday, I am going to have to go with another species for this label...... So if you guys want to give the Zebra some exposure, please send me some pics.

Cheers, Allen
unungy
Groupie

Post by unungy »

Hi

Please see my links. If you like any of mine I will send it your way without the water mark.

http://www.unungy.com/71/imports/hypanc ... ebra-pleco

http://www.unungy.com/2834/imports-2011 ... -pleco-l46
Please feel free to contact me at any time.
--------------------------------------
Unungy's Rare Imports
http://www.Unungy.com
har_eh

Post by har_eh »

Only decent pics i have with erect fins:

unungy
Groupie

Post by unungy »

Nice pics.

I am sure you zebra breeders can share some of those phenomenal shots of your colonies.
Unungy's Rare Imports
Allen Repashy

Post by Allen Repashy »

Hey Guys,

I have received some nice pics and am good to go. Thanks for the help!

Allen
Brengun
Groupie

Post by Brengun »

Wow small world. Just been researching your food and sent a message to a local importer in Australia to see if she's interested in bringing some in.
Lukan
Forum Follower

Post by Lukan »

Hello Everyone,

Repashy is coming out with 2 more additional products.

Gel superfood from Repashy has been a " Game Changer ". I use to make all kinds of frozen food to feed my fish. It is very versatile food. You can add medicine to the food if needed. Also, you can present it in so many ways: cubes, painting on driftwood, slate, rocks. The best part is that it does not disintegrate in your tank and pollute your water.

Cheers!
unungy
Groupie

Post by unungy »

I had to get some of this to try it out with my Panaques.
Unungy's Rare Imports
har_eh

Post by har_eh »

Will the product also be available in Europe?