Zebra Scam

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

The guy who owns aquabid also owns the website www.fishbookstore.com I believe. He is pretty busy guy running several websites. He did ban the guy that tried to scam me.

The hardest thing to get in a bidding site is a name of honesty. Therefore it should be very hard for a new seller to sell expensive fish. Changing names is not always the best option
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Fact that the fish ARE expensive... makes zebra sales extremely tasty for conmen... Simple, don't buy if you can't collect and pay on collection... BE CLEVER!

I have never been forced to pay without collection... Even on ebay!

Another tip... Don't pay using paypal... I know "OF" somebody who makes a living by scamming other peoples paypal accounts.

The real scam is the price. If it stays at the current price, you are all at risk of being defrauded!
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
Zeebz
Forum Follower

Post by Zeebz »

Wow! Thanks for the 'heads-up' guys! I'm continually amazed by the scams people come up with.
Hope you can recover your money and stop this guy from scamming others.
Donna
Wet Pet

Post by Wet Pet »

Just about a year ago I bought a 125 gl. tank from a guy in Kelowana BC. Canada After repeated e-mails and about 60 days I got very disgusted and contacted the RCMP and the FBI Beauro of Internet Fraud Division and told the seller I had done so a week later I had a bogus check in hand. I contacted the RCMP again and a week later I had a good check.I hope this aint the same guy !
Wet Pet
Bryan
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

I just received 4 adult zebras today from him. All fish look great! I had no problem to deal with him. It seems like he doesn't speak english well. I guess we need more trust and patience when dealing with him. :D
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries