Death of Alpha male.

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Death of Alpha male.

Post by Stevie.K »

I went to check on my fish as usual this morning, to find one of my breeding alpha males dead. :cry:
He had come out of his usual cave around a week ago, which I thought was strange, but could see him hiding & looked ok.
I didn't see for a day or two, so I had a good look for him at the weekend & found him hiding, checked him again & he looked fine, just thought he was taking a well deserved break as he has before.
I had seen him hiding last night but today was dead!
I will post a pic at the weekend, he did have a red mark along his top side, I don't if it was a fighting injury?
He was one of my original fish that I had owned for 2 1/2 yrs & my first to breed from.
He was a hell of a fish rearing between 70 -80 fry flawlessly, & had only just reared 10 fry less than 2 months ago.
Even though everybody wants females, without a good male you may never get any fry raised.
He will be missed greatly,what a fish RIP. :pray:
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Stevie...sorry to hear about your loss.
I recently lost a zebra and can understand the disappointment. But at least he has provided you with many offsprings and a great experience.
Ken
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi Stevie sorry to hear the bad news such a shame this could happen to any one of us and I feel your sorrow and wish you the best of luck from now on.

Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

a couple months ago, I just lost my breeding trio. I'm sharing the pain with you. :(
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries
kingie11
Obsessed!!

Post by kingie11 »

sorry for the loss
Steve.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

So Sorry to hear this you must be gutted.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk