Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee finaly bought 2 zebys

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
DANthirtyold

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee finaly bought 2 zebys

Post by DANthirtyold »

Yep the day has finaly come i bought 2 small zebs just over 2 inches long i payed £79 each for them which i think is the going rate at the moment from Dartford Aquatics not syre off the sex at the moment as they are too small,also i spoke to a guy at wholesale aquatics which also has some so i might buy some more this week hes are £85 each . but it looks like my little family has started. :D
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

:lol:
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi DANthirty,
I bought some Zebras from Wholesale tropicals a few weeks ago.
You will get a 10% discount on the price of fish if you register and get a membership card from www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk .
Regards,
Des :lol:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Top banana Dan!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

If you've got a digital camera we can have a go at sexing them for ya, but they might be a bit young.

rob
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi DANthirty,

Congrats on your zebra purchase!!!!

That's a good price you paid for your fish, mine cost me £100 each. I'm looking for some more now, have provisionally placed a deposit on another 4 fish pending inspection. This batch are up for £85 each, must grab what you can while they are still available before they go the same way the blue eyed panaque did. I saw one of these in the flesh about a year ago, it was going for £350. I was seriously tempted.

Good luck.
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

I saw a blue eyed panaque with one eye the other day and some chap wanted to pay £400 for him but the shop wouldn't sell as he was in their display tank.
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

I must be one of the lucky ones. I baught my 4 Zebras some weeks back from a very nice guy up the road from me in Scotland. They are between 5-6cm's, I think 2 males and 2 females (possibly 3 males and 1 female). I got all 4 for £250.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Dr P, does he have any more at that size and does he ship!!!!
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Naw, sadly he only had the 4 (or I would have baught more). He did post them on the internet a while back.......

http://www.forum.planetcatfish.com/viewtopic.php?t=8122

It HAD TO be pick up tho..... Andy (the great guy I got them from) wasn't too into the idea of shipping. He had offers from all over England, America but happily I got in touch at the perfect time, and didnt stay too far away. :D The rest is hisory (as they say)
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Nice one, i have done a couple of 4 hour round trips in the past for fish but it saves them from being confined to a bag for a day or two. I had some delivered from trimar a few weeks ago and one was almost dead, just lay there hardly breathing, anyway a bit of fresh water perked him up. i think that i would rather collect future fish if at all possible.

Post by Guest »

Dr. P wrote:Naw, sadly he only had the 4 (or I would have baught more). He did post them on the internet a while back.......

http://www.forum.planetcatfish.com/viewtopic.php?t=8122

It HAD TO be pick up tho..... Andy (the great guy I got them from) wasn't too into the idea of shipping. He had offers from all over England, America but happily I got in touch at the perfect time, and didnt stay too far away. :D The rest is hisory (as they say)

i saw these fish and asked if he would ship but he said no.
so well done on your purchase
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

just bought another 4 zebbys for £74 each at wholesale aquatics in bethnal green he has around 10 or more left if anyone is looking for someall in very nice condition lovely healthy looking fish
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi DANthirty,

I know the one, 220 Bethnal green road. So the zebras are in good shape, I just couldn't get any more time off work this week to get down there.

What sort of size are they? Hopefully I'll get down there some time next week. I better not get there to find out that you've cherry picked all the females. LOL :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Adam on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Keep us informed with what he has please. Do they ship?
Adam

Post by Adam »

No problem Ewee I shall let you know If I manage to get down there.
Last edited by Adam on Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.