good price?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
zebball
Forum Follower

good price?

Post by zebball »

is this reasonable?

breeding group around 2.5" 1 FO, 5 F1 and 5 babies less than an inch for 4000.00
John

Post by John »

To me absolutely not, but it depends where you are located, please put your location in your profile :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
zebball
Forum Follower

Post by zebball »

i'm in california.

what would be the good price that i can offer the seller?
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

So 6 at 2.5" breeders and 5 fry... Given what the prices have been going for at AB lately, $4000 probably isn't that far off....
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

1x f0 - at 2.5" - at that size it wont be an f0... the bad has been in place for a good few years now - any wild caughts would he 3.5" - 4"
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
zebball
Forum Follower

Post by zebball »

smithrc wrote:1x f0 - at 2.5" - at that size it wont be an f0... the bad has been in place for a good few years now - any wild caughts would he 3.5" - 4"
ur right...the wild one is bigger than 2.5". It's over 3"
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The 5 babies are worth about $425-450 tops. The F1- if they are proven at 2.5 inches, and my guess is there is one of each sex that has actually spawned, is worth about $17-1800 and the F0 about $375-400.

You made no mention of sexes- ideal for 6 fish would be 2m/4fm imo but 50/50 at least. The more fms and the more provens- the more they are worth so the prices I gave above assume there is only one due proven to have spawned and 2/6 are females.

Fry under and inch are delicate and shipping could be risky. Even if you pick up you will need to be careful is they are easy to lose until they get some size and age to them.

All of the above also assumes you are giving TL and not SL. If its SL then the numbers are low.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
chillired
Groupie

To me it's good

Post by chillired »

If it's here in Australia that would be a very good price.
As Adult are being sold here for 1700 each and baby are for 750 to 800 each
zebball
Forum Follower

Post by zebball »

TwoTankAmin wrote:The 5 babies are worth about $425-450 tops. The F1- if they are proven at 2.5 inches, and my guess is there is one of each sex that has actually spawned, is worth about $17-1800 and the F0 about $375-400.

You made no mention of sexes- ideal for 6 fish would be 2m/4fm imo but 50/50 at least. The more fms and the more provens- the more they are worth so the prices I gave above assume there is only one due proven to have spawned and 2/6 are females.

Fry under and inch are delicate and shipping could be risky. Even if you pick up you will need to be careful is they are easy to lose until they get some size and age to them.

All of the above also assumes you are giving TL and not SL. If its SL then the numbers are low.

Thanks for this info, it helps a lot. There was actually 2 F0, but she found one of them dead and found 5 babies when she took out the dead pleco. I'm not sure if this is another male or a female that the male bred with.

Anyways, what's TL and SL..

thanks for everyone's input.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

TL = Total Length including the tail.

SL= Standard Length which is only the body and does not include the tail.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
chillired
Groupie

TY

Post by chillired »

Thank you didn't know that as well