L340

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

L340

Post by Cascudo »

Hi all,

I have been away a long time. Sorry about that.
My zebra's are still going strong. Although I never see all 9 at the same time, I suppose that they are all still there (my tank is too zebra-friendly, they can hide very easily in the aqua scape based on rocks, but they seem very satisfied though).
Concerning the breeding; at times we found fry roaming in the tank, but unfortunately it died quickly. Appearently my old method by separating and feeding the fry worked better. The problem now is that the zebra's breed all over the place, having an abundance of hiding places. The youngsters of my succesful breeding attempts are growing big though.

Anyhow. The reason I wrote is that last saturday when I visited my LFS, I run into some L340 (Mega Clown Pleco?). I fell in love with the little fellows but I decided to control myself until I gathered more information about them. (the sales person classified them as algue eaters, what I already suspected to be wrong, as I already suspected they need a more meaty diet).

I have another important question. Are the L340 just as shy as the zebra's?
I prefer not to put them in the same tank as my zebra's.
So I would have to place them in the big tank. In this tank they would have to compete for food with bottom dwellers that feed more efficiently like Botia striata, Synodontis petricola and Corydoras adolfoi.
I know that in such a community the zebra's would have a hard time to survive.
Would the L340 have the same problem or are they cheekier?
Last edited by Cascudo on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

I prefer to keep mine separate in their own tank, but in the past have had them in a tank with bristle noses and L66's and they were fine. Just have to be sure there are plenty of caves and hiding spaces and plenty of food to go around.. :D