zebra help (imagine that).lol

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
tonyasz

zebra help (imagine that).lol

Post by tonyasz »

hello everyone.. I wanted to post this.. I have sent a few messages to different people on this site regarding wanting to purchase more zebra L46 plecos.. Some replyd to me, some did not. Others replied offensively. Sorry if I offended anyone by asking to buy there product.!.. I did not mean any offense and I'm not really sure how it could be called "spamming". I'm not even sure how that could offend someone but I guess it did. Anyways, to anyone out there, I am looking to purchase more L46's. I currently have 2 and am wanting to add to my colony. Anyone willing to sell, I am wanting to buy and am very very very willing to pay for shipping.. I am new to this site and am not really sure about it.. Maybe a person has to already be IN the group to use this site.. Not sure but I thought I would try 1 more time. See if I get any replys/pm's and If not then oh well, I'll find some somewhere else.. :? :? :?
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Tony you were asked not to pm the members repeatedly after you messaged me 3 times asking for zebras. You already have a post asking for them. If anyone has any available, they'll contact you. While I appreciate your enthusiasm, the total lack of availability for zebras is not a problem that's new to the members of the board. We all do the best we can to spread them out as fairly as possible, many of us cheaper than the going market rate would support. Being antagonistic because you don't appreciate being asked not to message the members over and over is not exactly going to go a long way to making friends and influencing people.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

There is a large percentage of members who are also looking for additional zebras. Believe me, if someone had some to sell, they surely would be contacting you, though... zebras is not the species where it is a buyers market... it is definitely a sellers market and you just have to keep your eyes open for when opportunities do come along. Supply and demand is definitely not in a fair balance right now when it comes to zebras. Especially for adults and breeders!!! Good luck to you though... and wish me good luck too!!! :)
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

As one of those who has been selling zebras, I can tell you that I always have a waiting list. At this point in time I am telling folks who contact me that the wait is now close to a year. I would love to be able to accomodate everybody who asks, but the fact is I have 3-5 requests for every zebra that becomes available.

I do keep a file of all who contact me and I try to get to folks in the order they ask. But I also vet potential buyers with the goal of trying to place fish with experienced fish keepers/breeders in order to help insure the odds are good the result will be more zebras down the road.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

Just check aquabid.com frequently. There are two person selling their zebras right now. Wish you best luck to find them. :)
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries