Re 236 sale

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
dave
Obsessed!!

Re 236 sale

Post by dave »

The info at the moment is that there have been more than one group imported.

They live below a waterfall and divided into separate pools and the colours vary from pool to pool, and from fish to fish.

Guess it will lead to as much confusion as the fish ID'd as L333, but more incentive to confuse here because of the price.

Take care

Dave
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I moved this topic so there could be discussion in the thread. I also clarified my original post in the topic that started it.

It's been a hot topic for discussion over the years. I'd love to hear they've determined they really will be available to hobbyists as more than an expensive way to part the collectors (including me!) from our money in hopes of owning some, only to be faced with fish that aren't ;).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I would love some but they are to close to call with L333s for me with a massive price difference its really killed the idea dead in the water for me tbh.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Elaine
Groupie

Post by Elaine »

I might be way off the mark here ..... but L236 males have full body odontodes while L333 males only have more pronounced odontodes around the head and pectoral fins.
My male is covered, tip to toe, with odontodes. Although he doesn't resemble
the pics on ' planetcatfish ' , he is very,very,like pics found on some of the German sites . Mine were German imports.

Most probably wishful thinking on my part ..LOL !!
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

If you don't mind me asking did you have them imported yourself or did you fall lucky and just find them?
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk