Is it has a bulldog nose?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
ZebKeeper
Groupie

Is it has a bulldog nose?

Post by ZebKeeper »

is the top fish has a bulldog nose?

Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

No they both look fine, the bottom one looks tiny! have you bought them or are you selling them? because the bottom one looks too young to sell

J
L046 x 16 + Fry
ZebKeeper
Groupie

Post by ZebKeeper »

I bought them

actually there are 5 of them. 3 of them is at the smaller size and the other 2 is at the bigger size. at the moment with the tank full off drift wood i can only see 4 of them and i am keeping them with 2 bristle nose and 1 upsidedown catfish and 6 Nannochromis Transvestitus.

I am monitoring, there are 4 under the drift wood around the same place already for 2 days and cant find the other 1 :?

How do i know whether they are eating or not? they still to move though when i point the lights on them.

hope they survive :angel:

here are the pic of all of them

Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

two of them look extremely small/ skinny. exactly how big are they? i would take the other fish out of the tank or give them their own tank. the others will easily outcompete them for food. :(

if you dont have another tank to move the other fish too or move the zebs too, try to get a large breeding trap and grow them on in their, with some slate for hiding places and a small peice of wood. feed them in there so you can see them eating, dont forget to use an airstone to airate it aswell. they need the water movement aswell..

whilst they are in there it will give you time to get another tank set up especially for them like you should have had in the first place... :(
L046 x 16 + Fry
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I would DEFINITELY recommend getting the syno and the nannacara out of that tank immediately. Both can easily starve the fry or kill them just with intimidation. While there are fish I do keep with zebras here and there, neither of those would be on the list. Learning the lesson the hard way with these guys can be VERY expensive and heartbreaking. Seriously, if you don't have another tank for them, at least put in a divider so the zebras aren't competing and being harassed or you will definitely be losing some.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
ZebKeeper
Groupie

Post by ZebKeeper »

Thanks for the input guys, it makes me worried now :?

This morning i suck all the poo and remove the zebs to DIY fry saver from ice cream container. I put driftwood and plants in it because when i put slate, it sink. will 5 of them fine in fry saver? it has an power head from around 2ft blowing to 1 side of the saver and it has a mosquito net so the current in fry saver is not that strong I also put some airstone in it. in the next couple of days i am gonna setup an special tank for them.

I measured them this morning. the smallest fish is around 2.2-2.5cm while the larger fish is around 3-3.3 cm. how long will they takes to grow to 4-5cm? cos after it reach that size, they should be hardy enough and make me less worry.

Also will 2.5ft x 14" x 14" is enough for 5 of them at the moment? once they big enough i will put them back the current tank which is standard 4ft.

Once again, thanks for the input guys

Riadi