Selling 3 week old fry!! what a shame..

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
ApacheDan
Obsessed!!

Selling 3 week old fry!! what a shame..

Post by ApacheDan »

This was at Aquabid this morning:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1210053964

when I email her about the age of the "fry" she told me 3 weeks, but if I could wait a "few more days" she would sell 2 more under a separate auction, just giving them time to "grow". This lady had a batch of 4 zebras & wants to capitalize on it rather quickly. I email her not to and just to come to this website for more info. Hope she listens..
Dan
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Very sad to hear anything like this, what chance does the poor fry have with a breeder like this :twisted:
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

I hope she listens too, that is a crazy age to be selling them :(
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The auction closed at $200 with one bid. It is a shame to see something like that going on. Glad she doesn't have many to list.

Ugh I just found the same seller listing this:
You are bidding on 1 zebra pleco fry (RARE). It is around 1/2"-1". The dad is a columbian zebra pleco, and the mom is a zebra pleco. The baby is a mix of the two, but still has the stripes and colors.
Is that even possible?
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
John

Post by John »

TwoTankAmin wrote:
You are bidding on 1 zebra pleco fry (RARE). It is around 1/2"-1". The dad is a columbian zebra pleco, and the mom is a zebra pleco. The baby is a mix of the two, but still has the stripes and colors.
Is that even possible?
All hypancistrus spec. can cross breed as far as i know.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
BooUrns!

Post by BooUrns! »

Wow, I didn't know that! I'm glad I didn't mix my L46 with my L129s!
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

people like that shouldn't even have them
Zebrapl3co
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebrapl3co »

Now that is just sick. But I just have to wonder. How is that possible.
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Thats very bad for all the people that are trying to keep and breed these fish. This might throw a monkey wrench into the captive breeding population we have down the line.
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

might? I would say it definately will. This is a perfect opportunity for this site to take the lead and start looking into a registry or some such for 'purebreds' of this species.
Zebrapl3co
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebrapl3co »

Well, I have to see a picture and more info to believe it. You can't just cross hypancistrus at will. The zebras have a tendency to reject other hypansistrus with funny markings on their body as well as colour and such.
luvmymule

Baby Fry

Post by luvmymule »

I am new here and wanted to let everyone know that I am the person who "bought" the zebra fry. First of all, it was not a zebra. It was a L333. I was emailed by the breeder who this person bought her breeding stock from and he told me it was a scam and she was not selling zebras. but fry from his stock. After seeing pictures of the fry and never seeing a zebra with marking like this, I emailed her and ask about the breeding. I got lots of "stories" that did not make any sense to me and I finally told her that I didn't want a "zebra" that had different marking and did not match my others. All said and done, she offered to return my money which I took and ran as fast as I could.
The breeder of her orginal stock emailed me 2 times and threw the whole scam into my face which I did not like very well. I finally told him I was raised to be truthful and honest and expected to be treated this way. BTW, I bought 6 L333 from him. Live and learn!

Bonnie
ApacheDan
Obsessed!!

Re: Baby Fry

Post by ApacheDan »

luvmymule wrote:I finally told him I was raised to be truthful and honest and expected to be treated this way. BTW, I bought 6 L333 from him. Live and learn!

Bonnie
Wow Bonnie...that was a close call. At least you got your monies back. This is not the first time somebody tried to make $$ out of the zebra craze. I was had once, by somebody in Germany & lost big $$, never got anything. Like you said, you live you learn. Good luck. Dan
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Glad it all worked out well Bonnie and you got your money back :)
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Hi Bonnie,

I'm glad they returned your money back also. It was great that you took the initiative there!

- Angela