No offence meant

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
dave
Obsessed!!

No offence meant

Post by dave »

Just about a post recently about raising fish.

Really L46 is not difficult, all to do with water conditions, especially in the first couple of weeks, if you are losing fry, and some people find it so easy, look at what you are doing wrong.

First of all in the UK, if you request it the local water authority will send you an analysis of the water out your tap, and the parameters really are quite strict, so if you have done this you know what your dealing with,

As for bare bottomed tanks compared to gravel or sand, with the latter two I have never heard of a biofilm happening which depletes the tank of oxygen.

As for raising young fish, L46's or others, this is pretty basic, all the books say 1 UK Gal ( 4.55 ltrs ) for every inch of fish. Lets say 20% water change every week. The fish will do OK

Personally I do 200% water changes a week, 50 % every second day. 4 or 5 feeds per day, and the fish reach 2 inches tl after 20 weeks.

As for people being driven away from this site, 5 of whom I know personally through this site, they have bred this fish or other hypancistrus, or can import them at a reasonable price, they have been driven away because they have a view which is not acceptable, or thought to be constructive.

If any moderators read this post could you please remove me from the site, there is no facility to resign.

Take care

Dave
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Been reading here for some time and see very little of what you claim is going on.

The easiest way for you to be removed from the site is simply not to come here if you don't like it.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Dave everyone is welcome to post their opinion here, along with their own personal experience. Could you please refer me to a post or two where this wasn't allowed? I've had a few disagreements with people here, including staff, when I felt that zebra keeping and spawning was being made to sound more difficult or convoluted than it really was. That doesn't mean I felt anything would be best served by stomping off to play with my toys all by myself. It just meant that I need to keep an open mind about any situation where many people are interacting. Feel free to try this approach, it's not a new one and definitely not something I'm copyrighting ;).

You tend to be extremely judgmental of anyone using a method that differs from your own, yet now you're bashing anyone with exactly that same manner of posting. Take a step back and realize this really is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. NOONE has the only method that works with these guys. All any of us can do is impart what's worked for US. I haven't had time to post much lately with my new shop, but I DO read the board and still try to help when I can. Help those you can, ignore those you can't, and don't sweat the small stuff, seriously.

For anyone reading this thread that feels they were unfairly treated by staff or members to the extent that they no longer participate, please, rethink your decision. Information from people actually working with these fish is desperately needed. Not just from the people with enough time to post frequently on the boards, or even from people that have read all about it but are still in the planning stages. The successful breeders have something to offer everyone, even if it's just a method that won't work for someone else. It's all relevant! In spite of setbacks and time constraints on staff, we really do all strive to make the site the best it can be. Please keep that in mind.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi Barbie

Post by dave »

My final post whatever.

I think your response is an answer to a message from an ex moderator.

All I have ever done when it comes to breeding the fish is state how I do it.

As for judgemental, or opinionated I agree when it comes to what is done with the fish afterwards.

As for bashing in this thread I don't see how, it is my method of breeding.

As for taking my toys, I think you have had enough dealings with me to know I don't shy away from an argument or discussion. Sometimes I'm rational, sometimes less so.

I have been told not to post in the past and it has never stopped me and this is not my reason for not posting or asking to be removed I really would prefer the latter.

If you do a search, on other people who have been told not to post because they have views that differ from the norm, or instant accusations of trying to steal members for another forum, which McEve didn't think was the case. We have moderators, then we have people who are moderating, to put forward their own view.

I am not alone in this thought, I also think that this is evident in the number of people who post on this site.

Just take the TTA comment in this thread, I have no idea of what goes on in the US when trading Zebras so I wouldn't dream of commenting. We are not allowed to name and shame on this site.

Now will you remove me from the site.

Take care

Dave
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I will say it again, only less nicely. Stop whining and just go away.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Jo's Zebs

Re: No offence meant

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I really thought that this site was all about the L046 fish not the people or opinions. Experiances can be shared these are not opinions if something works then it work!!??
There should really be no need for anyone to feel offended by an experiance that somone else has had with there fish. There is a lot to be gained from what others have learnt along the way I think this can be applied to everything. I try too keep my mind open and take in as much as I can I have now written to the North West Water Board for my stats.
Thanks for that I did'nt knw it could be done, see learnt somthing new today
:wink:
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
kingfisher
Site Admin

Post by kingfisher »

This is leading nowhere useful. I'm locking it.
[url=http://www.alpakka.org][i]Alpacas FTW![/i][/url]