L46 & L236 On Aquarist Classified Ad's.

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

L46 & L236 On Aquarist Classified Ad's.

Post by Andrew C »

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/p ... _83061.php

£170 for one L46.
£150 for one L236.

I am thinking of getting a trio of L236 as they are really hard to get a hold of, but then there will be no christmas presents for anybody at xmas :|
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I looked at this add myself today. Not sure how confident I would be at getting a definate female zeb at that size anyone guess on there age I think under 18 months :?:
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

hi,

iv also asked about the L236's.... im not sure they are 236's. the pic doesnt match my datz or aqualog books but apparently 236 are can be very vairiable. anyone have any thoughts on them?

cheers,

andy
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Jo
I think at it would be hard to sex zebras around the 2" size, you really need to get 2 or 3 to have a chance of getting a female, but i know the price is pretty high for this lot.

I have decided against getting some L236 after going through my finances, basically i can't afford it.

Andrew
The guy said to me he got the L46 & L236, from a German Breeder and in bulk to get a good deal !
I see what you mean about the L236, probably best to post on Planet Catfishe's ID Forum, with a link to the page, to see if anybody can confirm they are L236.
A picture of L236 from Extoticfinds.Net, and you can see the difference, but like you said they are meant to be variable;
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

They look like L333 to me, but I'm no expert on L236.
dave
Obsessed!!

No soap box here

Post by dave »

The EF pics are very likely to be Juvenile 400, an opinion stated on another forum and looking at pics of juveniles I agree.

L333, well I have seen at least 4 types of fish labelled as such in the UK, I have 70 or so growing out and the pattern is so varied.

As for L236, the pic in Datz, it is a gorgeous fish, and the seller he is I have no doubt reputed, I know people who have bought off him.

I believe that it is probably 236, but nothing special to look at.

Sorry for breaking the rules by commenting in sales.

Take care

Dave
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Put the picture up on the ID Forum of Planet Catfish.
The following species page on L236 from Planet Catfish has pictures of F1 juveniles, which do look different.
Maybe as Dave said, they are pretty varied in patterning.

Species profile - http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... ies_id=969

F1 Juveniles -
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/im ... ge_id=2517

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/im ... ge_id=2513
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

We got two females a couple of years ago and then a younger colony. They did look mainly white with black stripes originally and then they reversed their colours. We have heard the same from other hobbyists.
It will be interesting to see what the fry will look like. Maybe the photos usually published are showing the "young" colouration - or maybe the colours depend on locality - or finally maybe the fish changes in captivity due to a nutrient deficiency or something.
We believe the fish has been successfully bred in Germany; it would be interesting if we could hear from some German breeders.

Caesars and Polleni