Advice on freshwater tank

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
e

Advice on freshwater tank

Post by e »

I have been lurking around for a bit now, and finally decided to post. I have a freshwater tank (75) and a mini-reef (16), but am working on a 90 gallon bowfront reef.

In my freshwater tank, under the advisement of a representative from my LFS, I purchased a blue lobster (cray).

I have a 75 gallon tank with the following...

Geophagus brasiliensis
Geophagus brachybranchus
Albino Clownknife
Elephant Nose
2x Panda Cory
Albino Cory
Lg Common Pleco
Peppermint Pleco
Rafael Cat
Upside Down Cat
Three lined cory
2x Leopard Puffer

I used to have a XLg Blood Parrot, but had to turn him into the LFS because he was torturing the other fish, especially the larger Geophagus...pecking at his eyes and such.

I have my tank pretty well planted with live plants, including leafy sword plants etc. I also have a few decos purposely picked out to provide the elephant nose and the knifefish with a home of sorts. A large piece of driftwood, and also a few lg rocks here and there.

I just wanted to get a general sense of what people thought about the setup.

But also, wanted to know what people thought of the lobster purchase. I asked specifically about my bottom feeders, whether they would be hunted by the cray, and they told me no, it shouldn't be a problem. However I am reading quite a bit that says that the lobster is very capable of and will go after bottom dwellers.

I am not too worried about the Rafael, Upside Down, and the plecos because they stay pretty well hidden and out of reach, but the cory cats give me pause. Is my consternation valid?
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Corys do best at a lower temperature with a sand substrate if this is any help.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk