Thinking about picking up some zebras

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
charney

Thinking about picking up some zebras

Post by charney »

Hi, I have been a huge zebra fan for a long time and have been following this site for a while. I thought this would be the appropriate place to ask for advice so here it is. I am thinking of picking up some zebra babies at about 3/4 inch to one inch. Thier price tag is $160 is this reasonable? I will not have to pay shipping as they are local. Also I am hoping to breed them down the line. If I get five of them do you think I will be all right. After following this site I got the impression that there tend to be more males and I want to ensure I get at least some females. I hope I posted this in the right forum. Thank you for the help.
charney

Post by charney »

no thoughts?
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

high chance of getting some female. however, if you want to breed them, it will take around 2-3 years for the zebs to be mature enough. the price depends on different area. example, in my country it might cost a lot higher due to there is not many breeders. this price you might have to ask someone who know the market price.

good luck.
crystalview
Forum Follower

Post by crystalview »

I have seen them from $110 to $160 but with shipping that's about $60 coast to coast.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Hi
Did you buy the zebs?.
I think that if you were happy payig that much then go for it.
It would take a few years to acheive breeding but is watching them grow not half the fun.
:lol:
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
thecichlidguy

Post by thecichlidguy »

also...im no expert i have never kept these but have been advised by many others that if you want a decent colony ratio to get at least 10 of them, maybe blue will cut you a break for that many....exotic finds is the place that is local to you right?