Selling Strategy, What Do You Think?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
jpboscar3
Groupie

Selling Strategy, What Do You Think?

Post by jpboscar3 »

At what size or age can the gender of a Zebra accurately be determined? Because females are in such high demand everyone wants to purchase them, that will leave the seller with extra males. It just makes sense to me that selling them before the sexes can be determined is a good marketing strategy. I believe that buyers would be willing to pay a premium for a roll of the dice. What do you think?

Jpboscar3
John

Post by John »

I should go for the best home i could get them, with trustworthy people.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
ZebMan
Groupie

Post by ZebMan »

John wrote:I should go for the best home i could get them, with trustworthy people.
Forget that. Whoever will pay the most. :wink: :lol:
John

Post by John »

I am like that during the day for my company, in the hobby i like to see things in a different angle.
When i sell fish i rather get a few bucks less knowing they go to a hobbyist which i feel confident with then go for the highest bidder which may be some snob who kills the fish within a week......
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
jpboscar3
Groupie

Post by jpboscar3 »

I would also like to see them go to someone who knows what they are doing. This next comment may make me sound a little jaded, but people, (in this case buyers) are not always as honest or sincere as they appear to be! If I am going to sell them I may as well get the best price I can. No matter who I sell them to, they will always want the females over the males. So I figure selling them before the genders can be determined would be a good idea. I just don’t want to sell them to young. Maybe I’m wrong!

jpboscar3
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

IMO do what you feel at ease with.

These fish are appearing on wholesalers lists from Germany.

They are being bred in Germany, Thailand, Malaya and Taiwan on a commercial basis. The latter three countries I have no doubt are exporting to Japan for obvious reasons.( What they will pay )

While it would be nice if all our fish could go to a good home, and while there is an endless list of recipients who currently think that they are worthy, many fish have been sold, then sold on for profit, through this site, ebay and other forums.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but this fish is becoming available in the UK, albeit at a cost, but this is falling.

Long may it continue to do so, and the people who are in it for profit are driven away.

Take care

Dave
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Re: Hi

Post by McEve »

dave wrote: and the people who are in it for profit are driven away.
Driven away from where, or what?
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

By "driven away" I mean, as the fish drops in monetary value, as demand starts to be satisfied individuals who are hoping to make a lot of money will lose interest.

Take care

Dave
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Thanks for clarifying that Dave, and I agree.