11 dollar zebra on ebay

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
John

11 dollar zebra on ebay

Post by John »

Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Adam

Post by Adam »

Great find but did you notice that it has the bulldog problem. :lol:
John

Post by John »

Hey, what do you expect for 11 bucks :lol:
Greetings,
John
Adam

Post by Adam »

Still, I wouldn't want to go around with a picture of a bulldog nosed zebra on my T shirt, it just sends the wrong message. :lol:

Anyways going around with a big picture of a zebra plastered on your chest may get you labelled as a geek. I'm still firmly in the closet for now. :lol:

Adam
John

Post by John »

Adam wrote: I'm still firmly in the closet for now. :lol:
Adam
Me to, but my therapist told me i could reveal the plecogeek side of me to close friends and relatives without getting hurt Image
Greetings,
John
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sorry for dragging this one up again but I had to share my recent experience.

You may think it's safe to reveal the plecogeek side of your nature to close friends but it isn't, take my word for it. A couple of close work colleagues saw me on ZP last week and I didn't minimise the window to my toolbar like I usually do when people are around my desk. At first they were very interested and remarked at how strinkingly patterned zebras are. Well it didn't last long before the name calling started. The latest thing is to mail me pictures of all sorts of fish and ask if I have got one of those. I got sent a picture of a blue whale the other day, I replied by saying a whale is not a fish but then I got called captain Ahab. :doh:

Adam
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Post by John »

Sorry to hear Adam,
I have a picture of a zeb on the wall in my office and a zeb screensaver and wallpaper on my computer, never problems, just nice reactions of interested co-workers.
But if they would hassle me.........

Greetings,
John
Adam

Post by Adam »

That emoticon of yours cracked me up. :lolf: I can think of a couple of people at work I would like to slap in the face with a wet fish. :lol:

Don't feel too sorry for me as they are only paying me back for all the other times I have pranked them. It's all good fun really.

Adam
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Try telling your mates the story about" getting a 2ft tank from your wife for stress relief, spending 5 years trying to breed a stripey fish, setting up a website on how to do it, and then following it up with a forum and lots of similarly geeky friends" My friends daren't even mention fish on the off chance that I start talking about them and they find themselves drifting into a coma. :oops: But I do realise i am often the butt of a few fishy anacdotes!!!!

Anyway.. sorry for the hyjack!!! :evil:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
ZebMan
Groupie

Post by ZebMan »

Rob wrote:Try telling your mates the story about" getting a 2ft tank from your wife for stress relief, spending 5 years trying to breed a stripey fish, setting up a website on how to do it, and then following it up with a forum and lots of similarly geeky friends" My friends daren't even mention fish on the off chance that I start talking about them and they find themselves drifting into a coma. :oops: But I do realise i am often the butt of a few fishy anacdotes!!!!

Anyway.. sorry for the hyjack!!! :evil:
LOL, you are our king. It's unfortunate not a lot of people have the same love as we do for Zebras or fish in general. My family and friends think I'm nuts (which I am) and a mad scientist with all my tanks and equipment. :twisted:
John

Post by John »

Rob wrote: and then following it up with a forum and lots of similarly geeky friends
Well it's a great therapeutical thing you did, setting up this talkgroup for stripe addicts :lol:
now we know we are not alone and definetily (not) nuts Image
Greetings,
John