Is this normal?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
stang1
Groupie

Is this normal?

Post by stang1 »

I was wondering if anyone could help me?
We've had our 4 Zebra Plecs for about 5 days now but they don't seem to move about much, pretty much staying in certain spots in the tank. One of them does occasionally go into a cave but comes out and hides back under some bogwood.
We own several other Plecs and most of them are always on the move so I am a little worried.
Any help much appreciated,
Angie
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

That's pretty standard for Zebras. They'll be more active after lights out.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

during the day they will hang about in the same spot...

different story all together after lights out...

Do you have moon lighting on the tank - Set low enough you can watch them without them being affected.
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

try a prawn in the tank that brings my zebs out enough to see them,and the young zebs cant get enough of it hehe :D
stang1
Groupie

Post by stang1 »

Thanks for all the replies. :)
That's a relief! I'm like an old mother hen when we get new fish, spend too much time worrying!
We are going to get a moonlight as the lighting in the tank is a little bright. Do we keep the lights on for the same amount of time that you would a normal tank? I really want to get this right.
Thanks,
Angie