Logging In Anomaly (Again)

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Logging In Anomaly (Again)

Post by Rob »

HI Guys

One of our memebrs Fishnut2, (yes the fish"the spielberg"nut2) is having some problems logging in. Now some of you ay remember a post some time ago with DAN Thirty having what I feel could have been a similar problem.

Fishnut2 uses AOL, and can log onto other forums without any problems. However, he seems to require to log-in at irregular intervals. i.e. login-post a message, -then login again to send a PM, or post another message.

I appologise for my ignorance on this matter but I must admit I am somewhat confused, and need an opinion from all you IT guru's!

I have reset his username / password etc, and have logged in with no problems from this end etc, which therefor leads me to thinking it could bea problem with AOL Security settings.

If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciated as I feel this must be getting very frustrating for Rich!

Here's the link to the previous thread.. http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79 .

Cheers Guys
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

He's done all the usual things, like clearing the IE cache, making sure his browser accepts cookies - and is checking the "remember me" checkbox at login?

If thses things are checked then I don't know, I have never had anything to do with AOL :?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Other than what McEve has suggested I can't really think of anything else. Must admit I too have never had AOL as an ISP.
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

My girlfriend has to use AOL as she sometimes works from home, it is a nightmare, the software you have to install invades your whole system, everything pops up as AOL / Time warner, it almost takes over the fabric of the computer :evil:

I have had trouble viewing web sites that I have built, they don't always refresh when they should etc - i am not very technical i am afraid, (although I would like to be) but i am just steering clear of AOL with the experiences she has had with it. -These are just our personal experiences.
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

You might have him come here using IE instead of AOL's browser. Come to think of it, I think he couldn't use my old chat unless he was using IE. Some conflict with the AOL browser?

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

The problem i had was i was running an internet cleanup programme in the background, when i uninstalled it the problem was solved!!!!!! :wink: