Am I dreaming? Check this out!

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

Any reply yet?

Just one more point.

Can we discuss things in Private Sales and Wants or not?

The rules say no, I think yes, so as to avoid people being scammed.

On PlecoFanatics recently, a comment of "flash the cash and you will get one on ZebraPlec"

As there are people who are members of both sites, this wasn't even disputed, so guess it must be true.

There is good and bad everywhere.

Take care

Dave
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Dave part of that "bad" would be people making comments like your last one about things being true that you should know better than posting. I have refrained from interrupting posts in the sales and wants section for awhile now. The last time I did it caused a major problem and I'm just not up to dealing with more BS, let alone the members that refuse to even make an effort to follow the rules.

This post was all in the vein of trying to make sure people aren't getting scammed. Until Dave's post, I saw nothing wrong with it, but I am definitely offended that someone would make a blanket statement about waving cash around. I personally don't post often at plecofanatics anymore, or even bother to read on as regular of a basis, due to the constant bickering and petty crap that was becoming a regular habit. Please don't bring that tone here again Dave.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
reticulata
Forum Follower

Tacoma Zebras

Post by reticulata »

Well gang, I'm the winner of the proven pair. I live in Portland so a 2 hour trip to Tacoma is not that bad. The seller is out of town until the 11th and then I plan to drive up and pick them up. Hopefully I will see the fruits of the proven part of the deal although a tank of juvies doesn't really prove where they came from. I'll keep you all posted. Haven't heard back from the winners of the other zebra auctions.

Lary
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I personally don't post often at plecofanatics anymore, or even bother to read on as regular of a basis, due to the constant bickering and petty crap that was becoming a regular habit.
Just to let you know, that constant bickering is now pretty much a thing of the past...things are much better there now.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I'll try checking back in. I was just down to my very last nerve for awhile with opening the store and I couldn't risk having them on it all the time and keeping my sanity ;). Glad to hear it!

Barbie
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

Well it wasn't meant as a blanket comment. And as I appreciate the majority tends to be somewhat silent.

Take it from me there are some well travelled Zebras here in the UK, whose price just keeps on escalating.

I am also aware of people who have asked for Zebras on this site, and got them for what I consider to be an excessive amount of money, I am also aware of people who have got them at a discounted rate and sold the excess on to fund their purchase. So a couple of rules are broken, it is quite simple to stay within the rules and undermine the site.

So I hold with the statement, and agree that it happens "flash the cash". It may only be a minority who are doing it, but here in the UK we know who they are.

And really in reality, this fish is in the hobby forever, well as long as the prices remain high, the Germans are very efficient at breeding it.

What happens in the US, well I have no personal experience of, so I'll refrain from commenting.

Take care

Dave
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The point Dave was that both your insinuation and your tone don't better the board. Feel free to debate topics, but leave the insults and nastiness somewhere else please or you're going to be limited to discussing topics with hobbyists on other boards. There are many ways to solve problems. Bashing and negativity are not the methods that are going to be accepted here. Please keep that in mind. You've been asked nicely to modify your tone many times, yet we're still back to the same problem. Posts don't need to be inflammatory and insulting to get results or attention. Information and debate can do just as much good, without making people avoid posting to avoid dealing with ongoing issues like this.

Barbie
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

Well he's at it again, now he has 8 auctions claiming he has 4 males and 4 females.

Has anyone recieved anything they bought from him?
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

So far he got one feedback which was positive. the problem is it comes from a 0/0 buyer. that means it could be ligit but it also could be a fake bidder used just to get the feedback up. No way to tell.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Toppcats
Forum Follower

Aquabid zebras/plecos

Post by Toppcats »

Interesting that reticulata reports that the seller is 'out of town' until April 11. He now has 1/1 + feedback which is from a 0/0 bidder. This bidder posted feedback on April 10 in which the buyer stated they 'picked up' the fish (literal/figurative?-and on what date?). The new auction listings have a start date of April 12. Hmmmm.... Would love to bid on a couple of these zebras but would be far more comfortable if I could see (+) feedback from the other buyers/winners from the last set of this sellers' auctions.
I feel fortunate, at this point, that I have been able to secure a nice grouping of zebras from two other sellers on Aquabid (Alexguppylover and Salmon). I received a healthy grouping of juvenile F1 zebras from Alexguppylover. The seller Salmon is a couple from New Jersey who are planning a move to a new home and have a variety of plecos that they are looking to sell. I purchased and picked up a well fed and active wild adult L046 trio from them (2 males/1 female) yesterday. For anyone interested, a search on Aquabid will give you a listing of the other fish they are looking to sell.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

And a look at this thread on the AB Cafe is an interesting read too:
http://www.aquabid.com/forum/forum.cgi? ... egory=cafe
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
reticulata
Forum Follower

Zebra Pleco Auctions

Post by reticulata »

Partial e-mail I just sent to some concerned folks:

I am sending this e-mail as I have heard from so many of you in the past few days regarding David Taylor's zebra pleco auctions on AB.

I understand completely his concern about having children and bringing strangers to his home (because we fish folks are a strange breed-just kidding). Also about not liking escrows as he has been ripped off before but this is rather weak as there are several legit services available including the one at AB. If one is going to be a big time breeder or importer or seller or whatever of tropical fish and one is selling zebra plecos for hundreds of dollars, it seems as though one might want a garage with a separate entrance from your home or a shop or other facility to "show your wares". I don't know about escrow rip offs but I have heard about the zebra pleco rip offs. There was another guy up in that area a year ago or so that had zebras on AB and his address was a vacant lot. Another item that is freaking folks out is that he is supposedly a bonded importer/exporter with a 1/1 rating with AB. Maybe he just got into fish importing or is a breeder who just decided to start selling fish. I won a proven pair from him but I would like to see the fry and not take some guys word from Thailand or Germany or where ever that they are indeed a proven pair of breeders.

My last word from the seller last week was he was out of town until the 11th and I e-mailed him and told him when he got back and situated to contact me and I would drive up. So far no contact from him. One of you who is evidently in contact with him has stated he will not allow me to drive up and pick them up from his house. Sometimes when I see auctions like these, I get pumped and think I can't live without them. Especially when I've paid so much for zebra juvies in the past and like most of you are looking for breeders and at 60 years of age I don't want to wait forever for them to grow up. However, tonight I'm not going to loose any sleep not knowing if I'm in or out. There's always another auction coming. Also be careful, there are several new L numbers being introduced and some even going so far as to use the zebra term in describing them as they are very similar looking. Thank you,

reticulata
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

No insults or nastiness intended, just facts. Unfortunately facts can at times not be that pleasant.

Having met a few members off this site, and also had dealings and conversations with many others I do believe that the overall intentions are good.

Also what I commented upon previously, they paid the cash quite willingly.

While I'd prefer not to be banned, if it happens so be it.

Take care

Dave
Goober

Post by Goober »

Toppcats
Forum Follower

Post by Toppcats »

Dave - I am new to this site, however, I have to say I have no idea what you are talking about and I have to agree with Barbie that your comments are not helping this thread. We all know what is going on here and the thread has, in my opinion, been a positive one in discussing the issues of this particular seller who is in question. We also know that people will get burned at times when dealing with a purchase such as the zebra pleco where the seller is unknown and may be disreputable. You have said the same thing three times without the addition of anything useful and concrete regarding this seller. Please note that I am saying this without annoyance or anger - but I would prefer a more constructive and concrete posting/discussion.
BTW - I note that the seller in question's Aquabid account is now under investigation.
Regards,
Gary