Am I dreaming? Check this out!

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
tmh0324
Groupie

Post by tmh0324 »

Hi, guys:

Just got 4 pictures from David(seller)

http://homelf.kimo.com.tw/tmh0324/L46-01.jpg
http://homelf.kimo.com.tw/tmh0324/L46-02.jpg
http://homelf.kimo.com.tw/tmh0324/L46-03.jpg
http://homelf.kimo.com.tw/tmh0324/L46-04.jpg

Please take a look....do they look familiar?
Anyone see these pictures before?
Just fall in love with zebra~~
chief

zebra plecos

Post by chief »

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I am Steve Perryman. I run around 5000 gallons in my hatchery. I have been bringing in african cichlids and reselling them for several years. To make a long story short I got tired of going to the airport two or three times a week so I took my passion back down to a hobby. I now only bring in what I want and grow out what I want. I have decided that I would like to raise zebra plecos and see if I can get them to spawn, and that is how I found this awsome website. I don't know the person that has these for sale on aquabid, but the pictures he sent me are very nice. They are the same ones that are posted right before me. The reason I was aggressively bidding is because these look like some quality fish but you all bring up some very good points about purchasing these fish. I have had auctions on aquabid before and I guess that I like to think people will treat me the way I treat them. I guess that is not always the case and there are people looking to make a quick buck. I am looking forward to learning about zebra plecos and reading about all the wonderful success stories that you all are having. Have a good one.
Best Regards,
Steve Perryman

www.zaireblue.com
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

I asked him for a picture of the female and he sent me the same pictures you posted. He claims to have 9 (pair, female, male, and 5 unsexed), however there are at most 4 in that picture and all seem to be male.
paintworx

Post by paintworx »

Hi Steve

I will hope you are planning to go pick these fish up if you win! I cannot get David Taylor to answer any of my important questions. You may also want to visit the other pleco site and read posts there. It is a great risk in my opinion to bid on these fish if you are planning to have them shipped- things just don't add up with these auctions...... the zebra pleco is a magnet for scam 'artists', because it is in high demand, and also because it can fetch high prices. The guy is not cooperative enough to even answer specific questions about the auctions.... the answers are vague, especially about payment and references.....
I hope the guy is honest, but personally I think I smell a skunk here :shock:

CAVEAT EMPTOR ! ! :roll:

Sheryl
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

Hey STeve, good to have ya here.
YOu are the king for years when it comes to Zaire frontosa, my other fish passion.
ANyway, this seller may be legit, but there are alot of questions, though i think he may have a fair answer to them if given the chance.
Its been 48 hours, his world may not revolve around selling these fish.
People bash others for selling zebra too high, he gets bashed because his buy it now price was too low, we can't have it both ways.

at any rate i'm a skeptic also, thats why i say only bid if you can make the drive and pay at pick up, you lose nothing but gas money.
otherwise due to the past, its not worth the risk of getting scammed.

I hope no one gets scammed, and i hope that they do get some nice fish from this guy and help out with the species breeding program.
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

this is what the prices at the auction finished at, i hope they all actually get the fish.

5 lot of unsexed zebra......$1005.
1 proven male.................$251.
1 proven female..............$355.
Proven pair now at...........$1002.

DGA had a large male he was selling for $280 a few weeks ago.
I would pay $355 for a proven female.
$200 each for the juvies, we have no idea of the size, so don't know if it is a deal or not.

now for the proven pair.
in my mind thats like 300 for the male, and 700! for the female.
How can anyone be sure this is a proven breeding pair, forgetting that it may be a scam?

I hope nobody got ripped.
IF people actually get the fry, the single male, and the single female, i think price wise they did fine.

The breeding pair seems kind of high, what would you guys pay for a breeding pair from someone you know?
what would you pay for a breeding pair from someone you did not know?

i'd not pay $1000 for a pair i could not confirm, amazed that it is going for that high.

course, i myself would not even sell a breeding pair for $1000!!!
Last edited by tirzo13 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whitepine

Post by Whitepine »

Sorry I found this post late... I live in Seattle and am heading to Tacoma tomorrow.

Cheers, Whitepine
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

Does that mean you are one of the winners WHITEPINE?
if so, let us know how it goes.
tmh0324
Groupie

Post by tmh0324 »

I give up already...since I told that guy I have a friend live around that area and want to do pick up, he never reply my email again.... :wink:
Just fall in love with zebra~~
paletka
Groupie

Post by paletka »

Hi,
I have von auction for a female $355.00.
I asked for pictures 2 times, no respond now.

Chris
17 years with discus and learning new tricks every day.
L-46 is my new challenge
Whitepine

Post by Whitepine »

No, I didn't win... but if someone needs me to verify the fish before they pay for them, let me know.

Cheers, Whitepine
paletka
Groupie

Post by paletka »

Hi,
If you can please.

Thank you

Paletka
L-46 is my new challenge
Whitepine

Post by Whitepine »

Tell him you have a friend in the area and that I will check out the fish. If all looks good you will send payment asap. Pm and we can work out the details.

Cheers, Whitepine
paletka
Groupie

Post by paletka »

Hi,
I will em him now and we will see.

Thank you
L-46 is my new challenge
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The last post here was Thursday, its almost the next Tuesday? Any news? Curious minds want to know :p
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.