Wildwoods shop on Crews Hill

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
GS
Groupie

Wildwoods shop on Crews Hill

Post by GS »

Hello All

Wildwoods sometimes has a supply of young Zebs for sale. I'm told they get them from a local breeder. Does the person who supplies Wildwoods post on this forum?

Many thanks.
GS
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Not as far as I am aware...and the person who breeds for them is sporadic at best.
GS
Groupie

Post by GS »

Oh.... Thanks for this, I was just wondering if he would be interested in cutting out the middle man.
GS
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi GS,

PM is right in what he says, I've had a fair few zebras from them in the past. I have only seen tank bred zebras there two or three times in the last two years. I have no idea who is supplying them, if I remember correctly the fish manager told me it was done as some sort of favour. The specifics escape me now.

Regards.

Adam
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

If you do get in contact with him though I imagine he/she would be very interested as I spoke to Wildwoods a couple of weeks ago as they wanted some zebras and they kind of knew I had some. Firstly they told me they weren't interested and they only wanted fish at 2" minimum (that's a lie considering they had some, just about 1" fry in a couple of months back for £150 each). Then they said they normally offer one third of the sale price for instore credit. I told them I'd prefer not to do buiness with them then as I thought that offer was pretty insulting...at which point they then shoved their business card in my hand asking me give them a call so we can talk about it further lol....seems to me they thought they could get one over on me, I wasn't having any of it lol. :D
GS
Groupie

Post by GS »

Plastic Mac wrote:If you do get in contact with him though I imagine he/she would be very interested as I spoke to Wildwoods a couple of weeks ago as they wanted some zebras and they kind of knew I had some. Firstly they told me they weren't interested and they only wanted fish at 2" minimum (that's a lie considering they had some, just about 1" fry in a couple of months back for £150 each). Then they said they normally offer one third of the sale price for instore credit. I told them I'd prefer not to do buiness with them then as I thought that offer was pretty insulting...at which point they then shoved their business card in my hand asking me give them a call so we can talk about it further lol....seems to me they thought they could get one over on me, I wasn't having any of it lol. :D
In the past Wildwoods, and other shops, have made me the same 1/3 of selling price offer. This does appear to be the standard offer from most shops. This was the reason I wanted to know who was supplying Wildwoods, I'm sure that if the person is only being offered about £50 in credit I could better the offer and this would introduce 'new blood' into my tank. I think Wildwoods will take anything they can get as far as size is concerned. I've also seen some very small fish for sale there.
GS