3 more zebs on there way!!!

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

3 more zebs on there way!!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

Two days ago i was flicking through a new german supplier list at work and spotted the L046 :o I couldnt really believe that these guys were actually available direct from one of our suppliers. The next day i managed to convince my manager to let us order some :D. The problem was that they have to be bought in boxes of 25!! and my manger wasnt to keen on spending ££££££ on such few fish. but luckily you can order 1/6 of boxes as long as you make up the order with other fish, so i got out our resident Lnumber book and made the order up with some other Lnumbers. So this tuesday i have a box of loads of lovely plecos to look forward to. I think i am going to have the three L046 myself to add to my little group, but if anyone wants any rare and exciting plecos then let me know and i should be able to get hold of them for you.
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

so what ended up coming in?
did you get the zebra's?
sea7ray
Forum Follower

I'll Have one

Post by sea7ray »

Good lord if you can let me know how much (and you recon you could get a few L46 and a female or two i will buy off your boss!)
Chris McNally
BSc Hons (freshwater biol)
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

We recieved three L046 on tuesday and they are still alive and well :D I am going to take two of them myself but feel a bit guilty about leaving the other one on its own :( I do believe the other one is going up for sale around the £200 mark. If anyone is interested just drop me a PM. the zeb is about 4cm long and tank bred in germany. If anyone wants anymore then let me know aswell and i will try and get some more ordered in. We also have about 25 other Lnumbers available so again PM me if its anything else you were after
John

Post by John »

Can't believe those prices in the UK, you can buy them in germany for 50 pound at that size.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

i would agree, the prices are pretty rediculous these days. Its not me who is selling them personally, the store has certain sale price policies, so i dont really get a say in the matter.
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

What i can say though is that we paid alot more than £50 per zeb and they were also from germany. It seems that even the wholesalers are cashing i on zebs. :(
Pablos
Forum Follower

Post by Pablos »

£400 out of your wage packet is a lot though isnt it
Please thank your l number expert for identifying those plecos would have been a shame for them to arrive and not be the right ones
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

i think he daid that they were L199? chocolate zebra or something like that. We have got these 'big tooth nosed plecos' in aswell on teusday they are gold spotted and have these extraordinarily large teeth on the front side of there mouth. Has anyone ever come accross them before?