Finally found Zebras

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Patrick888
Forum Follower

Finally found Zebras

Post by Patrick888 »

Hi all

Well I've finally gone and done it. :D After two years trying to get my hands on some Zebras, I'm now the proud owner of seven little beauties, all about 6 months old. I now feel part of the "family" after looking on in envy for so long. I took the car over to England last weekend in a bit of a rush job, but well worth it and picked up the little gems (thanks Zebrastorey). While there and en route I also made arrangements to stop off in Oxford, at Maidenhead Aquatics (thanks Rich1988) and picked up, amongst others, LDA033 x 3, L260 x 1, L333 x 2, Adonis, a Blue Phantom, L191 x 1, L47 x 1 and 8 Microrasbora Galaxy (which i'm going to try really hard to breed). I always had the various tank space for these guys, but just had trouble getting the fish. Now I feel like I belong, and I hope to share my experiences with you all (God knows i've read and studied the various bits of information from you guys in the past). Here's to the start of a beautiful frienship....................
PlecoDamo
Groupie

Post by PlecoDamo »

Brilliant news, welcome to the family :)
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

Congratulations patrick my friend :D

Are all the plecos i sold you doing ok?

What did you reckon to the oxford store then?

Good choice of fish eh :wink:
Patrick888
Forum Follower

Post by Patrick888 »

Thanks

Yea Rich, all the plecos have settled in real well and are doing fine. Their colours and markings are stunning. As for the Oxford store - I was like a child in a sweetshop. I could have spent the entire day there (and probably have ended up consulting my bank manager at the end of it, lol). Not to knock the stores we have here in Ireland (or at least the ones I've frequented over the last number of years), but they very rarely seem to cater for out of the ordinary type fish and the pleco market is really not very abundant. My LFS told me a couple of months back that they could possibly get me a Zebra plec if I wanted one, but it would cost me €400 (about £270 GBP) for a one inch juvenile, and about £80 for ONE L134. So you can see why it was well worth my while heading over to you.
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

thats brilliant news patrick. enjoy them mate!! :D
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

congrats to you!
just a short time ago i got my young trio, now i'm looking to add about 5-6 more by the end of the month as they look a bit lonely.
Patrick888
Forum Follower

Post by Patrick888 »

Cheers Andrew. To be honest mate, I felt for you recently with your own predicament on the female search. I know you've been looking for quite a while. Hope it all works out well for you. For what it's worth, I'll keep my eyes open :wink:
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

Patrick888 wrote:Cheers Andrew. To be honest mate, I felt for you recently with your own predicament on the female search. I know you've been looking for quite a while. Hope it all works out well for you. For what it's worth, I'll keep my eyes open :wink:
thanks dude. :)
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I'm now the proud owner of seven little beauties, all about 6 months old
I hope they all turn out fine considering they're still so young. Congratulations on the other purchases too.
AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

Post by AndyAps.com »

Congrats Patrick and welcome to the family as it were. Although im sure we wouldnt keep you out in the cold for not owning a plec :wink:

Good luck with the zebs.
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.