rival for the zebra

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
samster

rival for the zebra

Post by samster »

i have a rival for the zebra :!:
check it out !
i got it at pier aquatics this week
life is a cow then you marry one
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

what L# number is it?? ANd how big does it get?
discusred
Groupie

Post by discusred »

Wow, thats what a nice one!
L-number please....?
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Beauty!

Post by CDNAqua »

Beauty Gold pleco :!:

Great photo as well :!:

More details please :!:

Troy
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

Lovely looking pleco. :)

How much was is?
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

Wow, gorgeous pleco - I have never seen one like that in all the books

Do you have any info??
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

He's going to be unable to answer this post, as he's been banned for signing up with numerous account names to cause problems on the board. I seriously doubt he's actually bought this fish as that exact picture is posted on planet catfish Here.

Sorry to be a downer. It's definitely a nice fish. Maybe you can get some genuine information from the original poster at PC.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

thanks for the Heads up

Post by CDNAqua »

Barbie,
thanks for the heads up on this one.
Why?? Any folk would want to cause problems on any board is beyond me..

Anyways thats 1 nice looking Pleco.
Hes got that PISSED OFF WILD TIGER look down pat!!

Peace

Troy
macster

It is my fish

Post by macster »

Hi Barbie, Please get the complete facts before giving out this sort of information.
I own Pier Aquatics and I took the picture ...
I gave it to Julian on Thursday with permission to use ..
Ask him ...
Now you will probably not put this post on because you are wrong ..
Cheers Neil
lifes a cow then u marry 1
macster

samster

Post by macster »

i am neils daughter he gave me the fish this week to add to my collection
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Thanks for clearing that up macster. The facts you state on this post are different than the ones you had posted at Planet Catfish. Hopefully with your fourth account you'll have learned appropriate manners and taken the time to read the rules or it, and your ability to create new accounts will be removed also.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
macster

explanation

Post by macster »

i had to create another account because the topic was locked when i asked a sticky question
and that fact is that all the family use the computer an we all feel quite strongly about the conservation of L46 in the wild
and that research should be left in the wild
also i am a person that will financialy gain from selling L46 i still even think that captive research is wrong there are suficient numbers now for that type of research to be done i hope i have explained myself well enough for you now
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi there

Post by dave »

As a retailer I was wondering whether you have a policy on selling L46's and for that matter other small plecs whose status is unknown in the wild.

I ask this as it is a habit many aquarists who keep community tanks to keep isolated L No's in the hope that that they will keep the tank clean.

I will re-emphasise here that I am against the removal of any wild fish from the wild unless there status is known and the exportation will not endanger the species.

There are always exceptions many Mexican Livebearers are known from one or two locations hence it is essential to maintain captive populations, either through associations or in zoos.

Do you sell single wild Plecs? No hope breeding hence increased pressure on wild populations.

I also, as many members and breeders on here would love to know more about the actual environment L46's come from and your experiences there 2 to 3 weeks prior to the ban.

I do know of two retailers who were aware of the export ban some time before it was introduced and they stockpiled this fish. As they told me they made a lot of money off this fish. They are running a business to make money, and lets face it without retailers we wouldn't have the selection that we have in the hobby.

Now I am trying to get my head round this, and the the assumption that your trip was a collecting trip.

An actual shortage of L46's in the river, there was knowledge of the impending ban, and nobody would know better than somebody who was visiting the area. Did you bring any L46's back? If no then the following is pointless.

Advocating leave the wild fish where they are (Which I do) then collecting being more aware of the actual situation than most is somewhat contradictory.

Any thoughts welcome.

Dave
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Re: explanation

Post by McEve »

macster wrote:i had to create another account because the topic was locked when i asked a sticky question
The topic was not locked because you asked a question. The topic was locked because your manners do not comply with this forums main goal: to exchange information in a friendly manner for the benefit of the Zebra in the wild and in captivity.

The staff do not appreciate how you singled out Barbie for your insinuations and attacks, and we will all keep an eye on you to see how you conduct yourself in the future.

We all look forward to your response to Daves posting.
macster

Hi Dave.

Post by macster »

It was not a planned visit to Altamira .We were going to Rhondonia ..
Anyway.. I was given the option to visit and collect fishes in the Xingu.
MMM Would you turn that down .. :?
Do you know how many fish I bought while there ...0..
Yes we collected fishes and there were Exporters for Belem buying up all The L46's ..I shared a plane with 2 boxes ..
I do sell Plecos to people ..Where else would enthusiasts get them from .
But may I say that anyone that knows me will know that I am very careful where the Lets say, special fish go to ..
I prefare to sell groups of fishes for breeding ..
I cannot always make people buy like this but I try..
So the answer is I did not bring back or Import any L46 from or after the trip.
Dave anytime you want come to the shop if I am not to busy I will show you pictures of the habitat /Food/fishy friends of the Zebras.
I am not too far from Liverpool.