Who Is Everyone?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

You sure :p

This is me... Just to keep the thread goin and to show willing :)

I've been to uni - Electronics engineering, missed a first class by just a few points, left uni and went into IT - cleared some depts and went into the electronics industry as a design engineer... just as the market dropped :roll: got made redundent and left. went more towards technical sales - which was not a nice place to be in a falling market.

Jacked it all in, took a year out and became a builder for my Dads company (he needed a hand - I needed money).

I'm now back in IT (one BIG circle!)

I've been keeping fish long before all that happened - since I was about 12 (I'm 27 on tuesday) had a few years out while we set up our house/home.
Lorna didnt like fish but knew I enjoyed them so got me a 2ft tank again about 3 years ago.. its grown since then (As lorna soon grew to love the little beasties)

Nearly worked at a LFS rather than getting back into IT but really couldnt take the dent to funds :(

We're in a new house now and are soon to be building a shed that will double up as a fish shed. Intending to breed and supply our LFS with MANY different plecs. (and hopefully Synos :))

This is me... looking all arty :)

Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

hehe nice to see someone else keeping to thread going, you have done quite abit in your time haven't you! how many different plecs are you going to supply hopefully?
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

looking at

L129's (current project)
L052's
Bristlenoses (common and albino) (they went very well and when I sold the breeding pair I got in trouble with the shop as I was their supplier :oops: )
L180's
L134's

and then once I've managed to get some I'll be breeding L046's too (obviously) :)

The synos are todays new idea :)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Time to revive this thread :D We've got a lot of new members since aug., so - if you feel like it why not let us know a bit about you? Mugshots are mandatory of course :D
Briesje
Groupie

Post by Briesje »

Okay

Some pictures of me...

First one (shot today... it's pver 30°C overhere)

Second one (10-05-2006)

Third one (Lloret de Mar, august 2005)
Keep on smiling... you never know who'll fall in love with your smile...
discusred
Groupie

Post by discusred »

Okidokey, i shall even try to explian me, and that no easy :shock:

I got my first tank when i was 3-5 years old, and i allways have one tank.
Im a big sport fan sens i was a little boy, and not care much about school and just allways play sport ( im sorry about that now).
Soccer and icehockey is the big sport for me. In soccer my team is Ipswich in England, HIF in Sweden. Hockey is NY islanders in NHL.

Now im a baker man. Live in in Sweden a town calls Helsingborg.
Live whith my girl and 3 cats in a new house. Me and my girl is waiting for a little baby, if evrything goes well, it comes in two month.
My big hobbeis now is Hypancistrus, garden and whisky

Here is a link to my famiely.
http://patriksdiscus-page.com/Om%20mig.htm

And my garden
http://patriksdiscus-page.com/my%20garden.htm
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

HI Briesje

Nice to put a face to the posts!!! :D

Discusred, I have just had a look at your site. Your tank looks fantastic and those are massive cats!!! (nice photo with ZP in the background :D :D )

My wife and I just had a baby on christmas day, and it is the best thing in the world!!!! Congrats and good luck!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Intro from me

Post by discusbabe »

Well I've been around for a while and posted a few times but haven't felt in a position to post anything of great importance as I do not have any experience with the L046 quite yet! This, all being well, will change at the end of next month when I will be picking up 4 juveniles from a fellow forum member! :D

A bit about me: I'm a mum to two adorable but naughty children, I live with them (of course), hubby and 4 mad cats in Derbyshire UK. I am a freelance administrator working from the comfort of my home office with my discus looking over my shoulder!

I have bred a few different types of fish over the years - discus, lots of livebearers, several dwarf cichlids, killifish, betta splendens, corys, ancistrus... sums it up really I suppose! :D

My interest in plecs stemmed from ancistrus and corys and the more I learnt about them the more I learnt about other catfish!

I am at the moment seriously reducing my breeding set ups to enable me to have bigger display tanks but I won't stop breeding completely! Impossible for me! :P Just moved on my albino and common ancistrus ancistrus but I am growing on Claros, Starlights and veiltail ancistrus and hope that maybe one day they will get down and dirty! 8) Oh I've also got a small group L129's which are my practice run for the real Zebs! :P

Anyway, I think that's a long enough post! :P I'm very much of the opinion of letting the fish get on with things without too much fuss and if they want to do it, they will do it! Haven't had any problems so far! 8)
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

I'm 13 and Ive kept guppies, corries, gouramis, kuli loaches, sword tails, angelfish, rosy barbs, silver hatchets, lots of tetras and dwarf puffers

I have 3 tanks so far hopefully number 4 will be saltwater. My 10 gallon tank in my room is going to become the puffer tank and the 29 gallon puffer tank is going to become a discus tank because mom wont leave me alone until i get discus. the 55 gallon tank is going to become my zebra pleco tank once i have enough money and get good grades this year (I'm in 8th grade).

My mom says that once shes done some other things in the backyard we can build a pond. I'll move some of my fish into the pond each summer as I've heard that it helps there color and size.

If and when i get a saltwater tank I'll either put in 1 clown fish, 1 blue linkia star, 1 red general star, 1 green clown goby and some neon gobys
or 1 seahorse, 1 choclate ship star and 1 sexy anomene shrimp
or 1 dogface puffer
what I hope to get depends on tank size

well now you all know a little more about me and what fish i like see you all later
Thebuddy is planning his tank
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

thebuddy wrote:I'm 13 and Ive kept guppies, corries, gouramis, kuli loaches, sword tails, angelfish, rosy barbs, silver hatchets, lots of tetras and dwarf puffers

I have 3 tanks so far hopefully number 4 will be saltwater. My 10 gallon tank in my room is going to become the puffer tank and the 29 gallon puffer tank is going to become a discus tank because mom wont leave me alone until i get discus. the 55 gallon tank is going to become my zebra pleco tank once i have enough money and get good grades this year (I'm in 8th grade).

My mom says that once shes done some other things in the backyard we can build a pond. I'll move some of my fish into the pond each summer as I've heard that it helps there color and size.

If and when i get a saltwater tank I'll either put in 1 clown fish, 1 blue linkia star, 1 red general star, 1 green clown goby and some neon gobys
or 1 seahorse, 1 choclate ship star and 1 sexy anomene shrimp
or 1 dogface puffer
what I hope to get depends on tank size

well now you all know a little more about me and what fish i like see you all later
Do you know Buddy I would never have imagined you being so young! You lucky thing! :P

Can't fault your mum wanting discus, they are amazing fish and I've probably spent more on discus than I would on a single Zebra believe it or not! :O

I have always hoped for a saltwater tank and may do if I can persuade hubby in the future as I would like a 2' cube for seahorses! Being on a water meter tho RO water is a pain! :(
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

So many new members, don't forget this thread! It does make a difference ;)

For those curious enough there's several pictures in this thread, just a shame and I'm sorry to say that not all are still with us...

but, Adam? we've waited two years now where's you're picture??
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

My name is Travis, I had my first Zebra back in 1998 while I was in the Marines. I got two more over a period of six months but eventually someone on base got themselves bitten by a copperhead they were keeping in an aquarium so the base commander said no more aquariums at all period, including fish. I had to get rid of my three tanks, south american community with 3 zebs, synodontis tank, and a tank with some natives.

I gave the Zebras to a buddy in Raleigh who liked them so much he got himself some more and did eventually manage to breed them sometime in late 99 early 2000, i got out of the marines in August 2000 and had lost touch with him before i could get any fry =(

now fast forward a few years, i'm back into the aquarium hobby and i've gone from 1 tank to save a wal-mart gold fish (gf's a softy) to 9 tanks, newest i'm setting up is a 125 discus/pleco tank, going to have a colony of 134s and 6 discus... if i could get a decent price on wholesale cardinals i'd put a school of them in too but, meh

anyway, been here for awhile reading and just started posting not too long ago, love the site, love ya'll, you're an excellent source of all the things i couldn't find out back in 98
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

And where's you're mug shot then :D that would make the picture compelte, no pun intended ;)
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

McEve wrote:And where's you're mug shot then :D that would make the picture compelte, no pun intended ;)
what do you mean? i've never been caught doing anything wrong before.... shhhh you know too much now
rhino
Obsessed!!

Post by rhino »

I live in Northern Va. and I work for Verizon.I joined the Navy and became a diver.My father-in-law has a Scuba Diving business in Key Largo Fl.When I visit all I do is dive.Its cool cause he uses me as a dive guide.Being around all the reef life is what started me into aquariums.I also am an avid collector of tattoos.Im in the process of getting a complete back piece of Spawn.Check it out.Its under Gallerys/Works in progress/Bobby.E.

http://www.alifestyletattoo.com/

Just a bit about me.
Bobby