Breeders in another country

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Breeders in another country

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Just curious on everyone's opinion.

There is a seller on AquaBid.com who is selling L46s from Germany.

I live in the US, should I even bid on the darlings? I'm afraid the shipping may be too much for them and I would not want to risk bidding on them and letting some lucky person in Germany to have them.

What do you think?
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

I would be very skeptical of this person....as you might have already noticed this is his first bid!!! And he probably doesn't take paypal, only western union or cashiers check.....just my two cents...but I wouldnt bid at all!!!
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Thanks jerms55555.

I do have skepticism on my mind. I did notice it was his first bid and on one of his bids he says the zebra pleco is 2". I already emailed him and asked if he was able to sex the 2" and he hasn't replied yet.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

If you read back through some of the wanted posts, there have been NUMEROUS scams about people selling their zebras from out of the country. I really would tread warily on this type of purchase. Importing is NOT cost effective for a few fish, IME, even zebras. Not the news you wanted though, I know :(.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Thanks Barbie!

Actually that was exactly the news I wanted.

I did receive an email back from my question on the sex and they responded that the sex of the zebra pleco cannot be determined until 2.35inches, therefore their 2in zebra pleco is unknown.

I don't want to take the risk. I almost dove into riverwonders.com when I saw they have zebra plecos but I called them and asked when I would receive the fish if I placed an order today and they told me about 1-2 weeks. Huh? If you have the fish in your inventory, why would it take you 1-2 weeks to ship the fish I pay for today? I'm not buying their story. Plus on their site, they're advertising that their babies are wild caught and they've had them since June 2005. Umm didn't the ban on importing them start in Jan 2005? How'd they get them "wild caught"?

Too many bad factors that I would not want to support or risk.

Thanks everyone on your input! I'll be patient and wait for another opportunity.
will74
Groupie

riverwonders

Post by will74 »

I purchased 6 from them and they were exactly as described. I would definitely do business with them again. I didn't have to wait but a couple of days until they arrived at my door. Just call them and I am sure that if they are in stock you will be happy
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

I second will74s' opinion about River Wonders. I have purchased zebras on 2 different occasions from them in the last year, and had absolutely no problems. Before I paid, I e-mailed them with my questions and requests, and I had an answer within 24 hours from Erik at RW. Zebras are on sale there now, and if I needed more, I would not hesitate to buy from them. Good luck.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

This is a 4 year old post, put the spade away and stop digging up old threads.

Ooooops I have just re-surfaced it myself. :lol:
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Not to mention that the fact someone cleaned up their act doesn't necessarily offset the things they did before. It just means they learned to be more careful. I'm glad the transactions turned out well for you both.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
unungy
Groupie

Post by unungy »

I purchased 12 WC zebras from www.riverwonders and they were as described. In fact I went to pick them up myself so I had a chance to get me some good size males and females that in my opinion are ready to do some good damage. LOL LOL LOL

I will definetly buy from them again. Should give Eric a call nice guy.