Sortof poll question: does your zebra eat veggies?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.

Do your zebras eat their veggies?

They love them and are probably vegan treehuggers
No votes
mostly they will eat like pigs and are not choosey
20%
I have heard of such a thing and seen it with my own eyes (and there was aliens feeding it to them)
40%
INXS has a better chance at scoring with Uma Thurman then them touching any veggies (note should Uma show up - I will happily donate my zebras..to you guys)
40%

Total votes: 5

INXS
Obsessed!!

Sortof poll question: does your zebra eat veggies?

Post by INXS »

OK - I have checked out several descriptions and such about zebras and other plecos.

Most of my plecos thrive on a mix of food with zucchini being a pretty big part but hypancistrus species (zebras included) do not want veggies.

I do include spirulina in the diet and have tried veggies but to no avail.

So, my question is : are my zebras on some tweeked adkins type of diet and different because they won't eat veggies or have you guys experienced the same thing?
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

I feed my fish ona varied diet including frozen bloodworm, frozen cockles, tetra prima and....................corgette, (zuchinni).

The corgette is only fed around once a week, and they love it.
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

I've tried and tried to get mine to eat cucumber and they don't touch it - havn't tried putting garlic on it yet, so will give that a try because I feel veggies must be good for them
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I have one which will happily have a quiet munch however the others won't touch veggies with a barge pole. Personally I don't blame them I hate veggies too.
However I would prefer if they all ate some...as like Seahorse I can't help but think it must be good for them and a strict meat diet doesn't cover everything they need.