Other peoples hobbies

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Don't get to game that much these days, done a LAN on COD and UT 2004 a couple of weeks ago. Ive got the expansion packs for both but I've yet to put them through their paces. On and off I play the following games: COD, Pain Killer, UT 2004, Doom 3, Farcry and C&C generals. On the Xbox I'll play, Burnout 3, Fable, Full Spectrum Warrior, Need for Speed Under Ground and Project Gotham Racing 2.

A while back I was totally addicted to playing Wolvenstein ET on line, I was cured almost immediately after my Mrs reminded me of my marital obligations(balled me out). :(

Up and coming games to watch out for are the long awaited Half Life 2 if Valve ever get their fingers out, almost a year late this one. Stalker, the first game written for 64 bit processors, should still run good on 32 bit chips as well and Halo 2 for the Xbox.
Last edited by Adam on Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sneaked a quick game of COD + the expansion pack United Offensive last night. If you thought COD was excellent you haven't seen anything yet. They've done a fantastic job, extra weapons, vehicles, maps and the graphics seem to be better too. If you like first person shooters this is the one, for now anyway. :mrgreen:
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Adam wrote:Sneaked a quick game of COD + the expansion pack United Offensive last night. If you thought COD was excellent you haven't seen anything yet. They've done a fantastic job, extra weapons, vehicles, maps and the graphics seem to be better too. If you like first person shooters this is the one, for now anyway. :mrgreen:
Ayep. I had read all that before and I just can't wait!!!!! I also agree that Valve need to get their fingers out....and quickly.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Adam

Post by Adam »

The release date for Half Life 2 is 01/11/04, we shall see if Valve make the release date this time. The last I heard they were suing their ditributors for royalties or something.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

hey Adam i need to upgrade my motherboard could you recommend any good ones for gaming?
Adam

Post by Adam »

I'm an Intel man so I can only really recommend Intel boards. If you have an AMD I'll have to ask my mate who's an AMD man, we've had many an argument over this. AMD are winning this round of the chip wars, Intel haven't really been able to come back with an answer to the FX53.

Only boards with the Intel i875 Canterwood chipset are worth considering.

The best two at the moment are the Abit IC7 Max3 and the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. These are the two boards that overclockers tend to use due to their stability and performance when gaming and bench marking.

PM me if you want to know more about chip and mobo combos because we're going seriously off topic. :D
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Just to change the subject, does anyone else play golf, or surf or snowboard? :)
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sorry Tristan not done any of those the closest I've come is scate boarding in my youth. 8) What's your golfing handicap :?:

Post by Guest »

Adam, depends on the day but my official handicap is 18. I have had several rounds of 5 over but i generally go round in 12 - 15 over. Only been playing a couple of years and as i work at weekends don't play as much as i would like.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I'm no golfing expert not by a long shot, excuse the pun, your handicap seems pretty good to me.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Other Interests ?

Post by forumadmin »

Do you want a section added for 'Other Interests' ?

Thanks
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

yes that would be a great idea so we can chat about our other interests such as women and beer :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

I agree with Dan a seperate section for "other interests" would be good, I don't know about the women and beer though. Dan you should have the beer first as I have heard that the women are that much more appealing while you're under the influence of alcohol. :lol:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote:I have heard that the women are that much more appealing while you're under the influence of alcohol. :lol:
The big question is: will the women find the man much more appealing when he's under the influence of alcohol ;) :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

The answer is no! Women usually run a mile when they see a slobbering drunk git headed in their direction. :lol: