donations

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

donations

Post by Zebedee »

i know i'm new to this but i was thinking that maybe people who who sell there fish on here could make a small percentage of the sale as a donation to zebrapleco.com, to help with the running costs. i know i would gladly donate say 5% of the sale of all the fry that i might evntually get through breeding not any time soon mind. i just feel that everyone is so helpful and it would be giving something back to the site through the hard work it does in helping everyone with there fish. what does everyone think or am i on my own.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I agree with the concept of helping by donating but not with the idea of making if dependent on fry sales.

As one who has been fortunate enough to get a fair number of fry and to sell them I do not agree with this idea. When I post that I have fry available, I do so on other sites as well as this one. Moreover, when I post in threads dealing with zebras the result is I often also get contacted asking if I have fish for sale. And then there are referrals.

I do not need the added task of trying to keep track of where a given request originated from. I just make a cash donation to those sites I use regularly and leave it at that.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

fair point maybe i was thinking too much anyways this site is great for info and i'm sure to be helping it back in the future.