Chatroom

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
blackpantha

Chatroom

Post by blackpantha »

I cant log into the chat room? Do I need to register in the chat room? I tried that but it says my user name is invalid?
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

I was able to login.

It appears the chat registration is different from the forum registration, so you need to register a username for the chatroom. When you do, make sure the username is less than 8 characters.
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

is anyone ever in there?
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

I belong to another forum where it lists who is in the chat room on the forum main page. This would come in handy, so once you go to http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum, you just have to scroll to the bottom to see who is in the chatroom and whether or not you want to join.

It also is helpful if somehow the chatroom login uses the forum login. This way, you know who are familiar with the people in the chatroom. Also makes things less complicated having to not registering a login just for the chatroom.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

What's the error message you're getting? I just logged on with no problem - but I do realize that doesn't help you :?

You will get asked to log on with your forum login. Are you sure you're entering the correct password?

I do wish the chatroom was used more often than it is today, it's entiery different with live chat if you have a problem, or just want to chat about the Zebs than it is when you have to wait for somebody to reply in a forum. That's why I loved IRC so much back when in.... hmmm... 93 I think it was :lol: It still has it's advantages though! 8)
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

McEve wrote: You will get asked to log on with your forum login. Are you sure you're entering the correct password?
That will only work if your forum login is less than 8 characters, mine and blackpanta is more than 8, so we need to register a new chatroom login with less than 8 characters.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I am an avid chatter but I do not go into the chat here because of the 8 character maximum name limit. I use same same name everywhere on the net and it exceeds 8 letters. Since I am unwilling to have another name just to use the chat, I don't.

I have registered and used many forums and chats on the net and the one here is the only one I have ever encountered that works this way. I do not undertsand why :?
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

crazie.eddie wrote:That will only work if your forum login is less than 8 characters, mine and blackpanta is more than 8, so we need to register a new chatroom login with less than 8 characters.
I wasn't aware of that limitation :? Lots of people have nicks with more than 8 characters, so that will have to be looked into....

Sorry about this
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Cool. If that can be resolved, then you may find more people using the chat. Also it would be easier if it would be possible to display who is in the chatroom without actually entering it. For instance, this site...
http://www.fishforum.com/index.php
Shows if there are anyone in the chatroom and if there is, who is actually in the room. If you go to the very bottom of the page and look in the Who is Online section, you can see who is in the chatroom.