Zebra Pleco.com adverts

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
churun meru
Forum Follower

Zebra Pleco.com adverts

Post by churun meru »

I have visited this site for a while now and only just got round to signing up.
I am very impressed that a number of forum members breed Zebra Plecs and it pleases me greatly to think they will survive even if not in the wild.
Anyway my concerns- and its just a small one regarding the forum and site in general are the adverts at the top of the screen.
The advert I just viewed was for a home furniture website which I think was called African living.
We all care for wildlife in one way or another I am sure on this site but I noted the advert website offering tables etc made from exotic wood and chairs made from Zebra hide made no refference to the wood being harvested sustainably or for that matter what the source of their hides was.
I wouldnt want to think a site such as Zebrapleco.com was in some ways destroying natural habitat by advertising websites such as this when it isnt clear where materials are sourced.
I do hope you understand my concerns.
Thanks
Churun Meru
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

google ads are provided by google based on keyword's located on the page you're viewing, Zebrapleco.com has no control over the content of said ads
churun meru
Forum Follower

Post by churun meru »

Oh right well that sounds far from ideal, the site could attract any number of adverts which could be judged inappropriate for a site such as this.
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

Where are these ads?
I see none.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

top left hand corner... I believe they also use keywords to find 'relavent' ads...

Marchbank Country house B&B anyone??

I've got an observation too - tehy open in the active window... getting rid of ZP.com... any chance of the code opening it in a new window?
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Pete
Obsessed!!

Ah

Post by Pete »

My mistake.. Forgot I have an extension in Firefox blocking ads.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.