Donations

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Donations

Post by McEve »

We all realize that it costs money to develop and maintain a website. There are som great plans for this site, which will also cost money to put into life. I feel it's unfair that one person should bear this burden alone.

I suggest putting up a donation button. PayPal is a service that most Internet users know of, and have used in the past, myself included. I also see that it's not an unkommon way of paying for fish bought online. So how about starting with that, and if it turns out that somebody would like to chip in, but find PayPal hard to use, then that bridge can be crossed when we come to it also.

The logo can look like this:

Or one can be designed to fit in with the website too of course.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi McEve

Cheers for that, greatly appreciated. There is a paypal donations button at the bottom of all the main website pages, although I haven't had time to modify the forum template footer. You have to scroll right down , it's hidden, cause I was a little embarrassed about putting in on there. :oops:

The long term plan for this is to raise money for helping the habitat in the wild, but I will go into that at a later date.

Obviously i would be overjoyed if anyone wanted to donate, but please do not feel that that is the primary reason for the site being here. :oops:

cheers.

rob :wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I never even saw that :shock: You must put it somewhere people see it, and don't think for one minute that anybody will think this site is here for you making money on it! I think we all know that this project has been costing you money only.

Ok, I'll go search for the button now..... but I still think it can sit next to "home" in the toolbar.

I'm sorry if I have embarrassed you, that was certainly not my intent, just a bit of the worlds realism that needs to be taken into account, but I see you were way ahead of me already now :D

(but make it visible ;))
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

:lol: Cheers McEve :lol:

Don't worry no embarasment caused, I appreciate you input, and will look into finding a new place for the button, even if it's just obvious on the forum!!! :wink:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Every year we have a national money collection for a specially chosen charity organisation. There's a TV show, Performing celebrities perform for free, other celebrities come to the studio to inspire the people to give, and telegrams from different companies and schools where it says just how much this particular company or school has raised are read and applauded, challeninging eachother, turns it into a bit of a competition type thing.

It's quite fun, as the beneficiaries from these collections are organisations like the Salvation Army, WWW so forth. People who do a great job for the enviroment or other people.

But sometimes this 'celebrities challenging each other on national TV' goes wrong... like it did three years ago, when one of the richest women in Norway, an early thirty something beautiful woman who's inherited her money (she's a business woman herself too) said on the live broadcast show:

"I have just donated 100 000 NOK (approx. £11 000) and I encourage everybody to do the same thing!"

:shock:

A few people around the country choked on the cakes and coffee around the country at that presise moment I can promise you that :lol: :lol:

So what's the point of this story? Well, the donate button is placed in an excellent position, "and I just donated..." how much is nobodys business, and that's the point! You might feel 2 quids is so little that it wont matter, so better not... but it does! And it surtainly is no competition :P Let's all help this site going and develop into the resource it can be. The visions are large and grandiose, and we will all benefit from it when it becomes a reality :D Much of it is already in place, and many people have managed to rescue their sick Zebra, and even breeding them thanks to the aid recieved on the forum. So.. come on, lets help out a little :D

Ok, I'm off my soap box now :wink:
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Hey if you have donated £11,000 im sure Rob will never be seen again lol and yes i myself will be donating from time to time
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi McEve

You didn't manage to get that business womans number by any chance!. Does she like fish? :lol: :lol:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

she dated Donald Trump last year I think it was, so I know she likes older men, but fish... water.... nah.... she's into cosmetics so I don't think so :lol:
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Today i donated 10% of the male zeb i sold an i will continue to donate with all fish sales inc any zeb fry i may have :P lets keep the site alive!
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
Fishnut2
Groupie

Post by Fishnut2 »

I'll put up a zebra baby from my next batch for the site. It'll be on Aquabid...starting at $1...no reserve!!! I promised Rob I'd do it if he fixed the forum so I could post...lol. For about a year now, I could only post about once every 3 months. My AOL service didn't agree with the old script. Watch for the auction! You could steal a baby for $1 :D
(USA only) Sorry.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Fishnut.. you're a star!

I'' drop a a pm. :lol: :lol:
Fishnut2
Groupie

Post by Fishnut2 »

Rob,
I pulled 2 spawns last night! I should be ready to run a donation auction around the end of March. It'll be USA only...starting at $1. No reserve price.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Cheers Fishnut2

Greatly appreciated!!! I will keep an eye out for them.

Obviously we will have to put a big ad on the front page!! :wink: :lol: :lol: